“Great customer service”

Island Hotel Port Aransas
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed in two rooms for 3 days over xmas. The staff at the front desk were always very patient and nice. I was told that they bought the hotel recently and did a remodel over. The downsides I observed were: a) wifi was crappy; I could get good signals from my laptop, but it just wouldnt stay connected. b) the beds in one of the rooms we stayed in were out of shape, and the spring coil made tons of noise when I turned during night. It's time for them to replace some ol' furniture as well. Overall, it was a good stay for the money we spent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jason_from_MN
There are newer reviews for Island Hotel Port Aransas

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed there last weekend and our car broke down- the front desk lady was so nice. I think her name is Tiffany. She and the lead housekeeping lady bent over backwards to help us two stranded girls out. They gave us rides, directions, places that deliver food, since we had no car, even called about service and car parts for us. They turned a bad situation into a more pleasant one. The hotel itself is neat and clean and the breakfast was awesome! Will be back again and recommend to everyone I know! Thanks ladies!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Island Hotel just last week and I have to say we were incredibly happy there! The rooms were exceptionally clean, all newly remodeled with tile floor(a must at the beach), the girl who checked us in name was Tiffany, she was Super Helpful, Friendly, and very knowledgeable of the area. We came down for breakfast and she was there again! Lol And just as friendly and helpful as the night before. She informed us that the hotel has some pet friendly rooms so next time we will bring BANJO as he got left with friends in this quick beach run. We will definitely be back and hopefully Tiffany and the rest of the island Hotel staff will be there waiting for us to provide more great beach memories!!! :)

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank BeachBumFamily2012
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We visited the Island hotel over a nice November weekend - we took our 2 dogs which was a big factor in choosing the Island. The hotel is mile or so out of town but has just been refurbished - rooms are clean enough we only noticed before leaving there is a pool table and table tennis in the large reception / breakfast room. Nice pool too. Note that pets do cost $20 each in case that wasn't mentioned when you booked - seems reasonable though.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Munchies-please
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I booked a couple of days at Island Hotel on Groupon and I was expecting much, but I'm glad I was wrong!! The young lady checking us in was wonderful and even had a map of the island for people not familiar with the area. She gave us really good advice on where to eat and things like that. The room was very clean, updated, and very comfortable. Too cold for the pool, so no review. Breakfast was the standard continental, and the coffee was wonderful!! Will stay there again, even without Groupon!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor, absolutely quiet all night!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sherri C
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It was very clean hotel, and very affordable. Ttotally different colors then the usual hotel makes it stand out even more. Pictures from web site are right on the money. Staff was very polite and hospitable. The Island hotel is super family friendly. Pool area was very nice but weather was too cold to get in! Already making plans to stay here again but in the patio suite! :)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank marimax82
Reviewed November 15, 2012

At the time we booked this trip using Expedia, we decided on the "Mariner Inn". When we later called the hotel to change our reservation we learned that it had undergone a remodeling and name change. I have no way of comparing the "Island Hotel", as it is now called, with the "Mariner Inn" since this was our first time staying in Port Aransas. I can say that we will definately consider staying at this hotel again if we return to Mustang Island.
1) Location. It's on the edge of town now (which I'm afraid won't be the case for long since the island is rapidly developing) so the gulf beach access, which is only a short 10 minute walk from the hotel, felt moderately remote (this feeling was likely inhanced since our visit was mid-November).
2) Staff. Everyone we had contact with, from front desk to housekeeping was friendly and helpful. The restaurant recommendations of the front desk were spot on. I'll leave it to her to give you a referral based on your own preferences. I assure you she won't lead you wrong.
3) Remodel. Our room was clean, with freshly painted walls and new faux wood flooring and modern appliances. The only ding, which didn't bother us, was that the t.v. in our room was analog, not flat screen. The cable reception was fine for that technology (do you remember what that was like?) I quickly add that there is a very nice large flat screen t.v. in the breakfast room.
3) Breakfast room. Big plus here because I hate nothing more that making an effort to get up early to get to the breakfast room, because if you don't you'll have to wait in line for cereal and milk because the area alotted for breakfast is a microwave cart in a space the size of my dining room at home! The Breakfast room at the "Island Hotel" has long counters along two walls of a spaceous room with plenty of tables that were not on top of each other. I could actually start my day with a continental breakfast without the usual budget hotel irritation!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple