“Enjoyed the sand ans sun”
Review of Port Aransas Beach

More attraction details
Owner description: Public beach on Port Aransas that is clean, has a lifeguard and has car-free locations.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Being kind of close to Corpus Christi I was a little nervous that this beach would be full of debris and other refuse. But trash was at a minimal so I was able to relax on my beach towel and soak in some rays. As far as debris goes there was a few plastic bottles around and lots of seaweed. The seaweed I didn't mind at all. The plastic I bring up just because there is a no glass container rule on the beach. So if you are planning to bring a few cold ones make sure they are not in glass bottles.
The waves move rapid at times but the water is very shallow for a good amount of it. You can walk out pretty far and still be about waist deep. The beach never got too crowded and all other visitors that we came across were really nice and curtious.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went in May and while it was uncrowded and the water was nice and warm, the seaweed was everywhere. And I don't just mean on the beach, I mean in the water. I am used to Texas beaches, but my husband was not impressed and complained. If your are looking for Florida-type beaches, you will be disappointed.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We live in San Antonio, and made a day trip out of visiting the beach in Port Aransas. The beach was not too crowded and the sand was very fine. It was nice that we were able to take our dog. Overall, we had a good time and would go back, but there were some downsides. There was quite a bit of seaweed (not the slimy kind) along the shore. It obviously would have been nicer without that, but it was not so problematic that it ruined the day. We used the bathrooms at the beach campground, and they were really gross.

2  Thank Jamie N
Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a great spot for vacation, great beach access, loved the shuttle to town for shopping, very clean. Loved it. Went on Memorial weekend so it was crowded , we will try it at another time.

2  Thank Lori S
Reviewed May 26, 2013

15mph and the beach is your road for a long way both directions, but especially to the West. After several miles the sand road does go a bit soft.

2  Thank irbflyfish