“Go early in the morning before it gets crowded”
Review of Port Aransas Beach

More attraction details
Owner description: Public beach on Port Aransas that is clean, has a lifeguard and has car-free locations.
reno
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Go early in the morning before it gets crowded”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ocean is great. Lots of clean sand. Thrilling pelicans flying in long lines. I'd advise going early in the morning when fewer people are out. it's very family friendly and later in the day you'll see lot's of folks jogging, building sand castles, etc.

2 Thank chipperxv

Pahrump, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“the beach”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Loved the free parking right on the beach. Our first visit to Port Aransas. Beach was nice and clean.

1 Thank laplayalife
San Antonio,Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Port A.......nice !”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Have been to this beach many times. Went the first weekend in April. Beach was cleared of excessive sea weed, easy parking on the beach,and not too crowded.....great day at the beach. Also a trailer set up for beach parking permits.....very much worth the trip !

1 Thank DBeachgirl12
San Antonio, Texas, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“I love the beach!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love the beach,We went for a week in May. Was quite and relaxing.My son and I made sandcastle,flown Kites.We want to go every summer!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Kim B
Decatur, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Is there more than one Port Aransas Beach???”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

There is no way I could have visited the same Port Aransas Beach as the other reviewers. Maybe by some chance it has been cleaned up since I visited in November but I was appalled how filthy it was. There was all kinds of trash all along the beach including plastic eating utensils, toothbrushes, shoes, cigarette butts, cups, beer cans, bottle caps to name a few. There is no way I would have ever pulled my shoes off and walked barefoot in that water.

Visited November 2012