“Great Value”

Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Columbus, Georgia
“Great Value”
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Stayed here for 1 night during Spring Break. Staff was very friendly. My only real complaint is that the walls were super thin. We could hear what the people next to us were watching on TV. The walk to the beach is a little longer than expected. I would guess almost a half mile. The rooms were larger than average. The rooms were clean and had free WIFI.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank headedtoTX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Antonio Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I stayed in room 111 for two nights. The room was clean but not in the best shape. The bathroom door would not close all the way without slamming it and there was a dent in the bathtub. I reserved a room with a kitchenette and there was a full size stove and a refrigerator with a small counter and double sink in the room. There was no microwave and the coffee pot was a small 4 cup. The pool area was terribly neglected, broken furniture everywhere. trash and weeds on the inside of the fence. I paid way more this room and facility than it was worth and would not reccomend this hotel to anyone for more than $50.00 a night.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank lizzie1961
San Diego
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Since the hotel accomodations have been remodeled we found this to be a great place to stay. Staff was very friendly, facilities were very clean and adequate for the week stay for our family. The previous "negative reviews" must have been before the remodeling of this facility.

Stayed March 2008
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We stayed here for 4 nights and it is a great motel! Very clean, staff is very friendly. Very safe feeling (although this is probably because the town itself just feels safe). Pool was great, location was great. A/C worked great. Can't say enough good things about it. It is just up the road from the beach and close to shops. I did have an issue with my card being charged although my mom paid for our room on her card, but the staff took care of it. We got a room with a kitchenette and I guess if I were going to put something down I didn't care for, it would be that the oven didn't work that great - it worked, just not like a brand new one - and that would be my only complaint (if i should even use the word 'complaint') about the place. Would recommend this motel to anybody traveling to Port Aransas.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — the oven
  • Stayed June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SunnyGirl1919
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed March 10, 2007

This is the only place I stay when going to Port A. Ive stayed at all the other places and havent found another hotel with a better room size vs price like the Travelodge. Its a great value and I have found that their rates are usually lower than the other chain hotels here. The staff is always friendly and a pleasure to be around. My only warning to you is to beware of the "safe fee", its an extra couple bucks added to your bill because there is a safe in your room. Request it to be removed and they will remove it, no hassle (unlike other hotels ive been too). The king room is huge with a microwave & small fridge, everything you need to warm up pizza (Port A Pizzeria!) or keep your drinks cold. A/C always cools you down....Never had a problem here and I am a frequent visitor to this Travelodge. The beach is right down Ave G, straight shot to the ocean.

• Liked — Location, value
  • Disliked — Everything is great everytime I stay here
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank jemsatx
Fort Worth
Reviewed March 5, 2007

I am very appalled at some of these reviews. My husband and I just spent the weekend there and we had a great experience. The room was clean, it smelled as if it were just cleaned with lysol. Everything was provided. The bathroom was clean, all appliances worked and we were able to check in before noon (NOT 3pm as reported by someone else) and we checked out at the end of our stay by 11am. We accidentally left 2 blankets and 2 pillows. We were about 15 miles away--we called, and we went back and one of the maids brought it to our car for us. I am really sorry that some folks seemed to have had a bad stay, but, hey, those cutesy cottages for rent were about 2-3 times the price that Travelodge charged. The continental breakfast was also pleasant, so overall, we will stay there again. P.S. We also stayed in a Travelodge in Santa Monica, California and it was also a pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2007
4 Thank Dinkerbelle
Houston
Reviewed March 16, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Travellodge in Port Aransas during spring break week 2006. He had an interview in the city and I thought it would be a nice get-a-way. We searched for lodging at several hotels but this travellodge was the ONLY hotel/motel in with a vacancy in the city. Shortyly after our arrival we found out why. It was filthy!!! There was blood, yes, I said blood on the toliet seat. We called the frontdesk attendant and asked for some one to clean it up immediately. We were told that we would have to wait until 9am the next day when the cleaning staff arrived. The pool did not have water. There were dirty towels in the corner under the sink. There were only 2 old worn bath (carwash type)towels in the room. We called to ask for wash cloths and they brought us 1 to share between the two of us. The TV was old (like 1970s) and it had a green/orange picture. The room was smokey like a bar! The front door had moldlike stains. The restroom door knob was loose and the light switch was cracked and loose as well. It was so depressing that I left and walked the unfamiliar area for 2 hours while my boyfriend went on his interview. When I returned, my key card did not work. I went to the front desk 3 different times to have it recoded. The attendant had to bring a little black machine to reprogram the door to open it. She told me that she could let me in with the machine but the key wouldn't work. This experience was our worst hotel experience EVER!!! We called the corporate office of Travellodge before we left the hotel. We were told that this property is individually owned and it was up to the owners to rectify the problems ~ which obviously was not a priority for the owners.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business