“OK, better than beach camping”

Red Roof Inn Port Aransas
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Southwest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I love a challenge, so despite some poor reviews I booked a room. Considering the shape this place was in 2 years ago, I was prepared for the worst. My room had fresh paint, new carpet, a great mattress, and some new appointments. With a couple of exceptions, it was clean. As I lay in bed, I decided to give them credit for a much improved experience, then the heater shorted out and sparks flew. The heater/ac was one of the originals and should have been replaced. It was totally corroded. Due to the electrical nature of this incident, which I consider a safety issue, I had to give this motel a poor rather than average. I believe it will keep improving and hopefully replacing the heater/acs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The location is awesome. It's in walking distance to everything. The motel is older, but very good for the price. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. I slept very well. The bathroom was clean. All appliances worked. I used both heater and A/C while there. Everything worked perfectly. Breakfast was simple but filling. The staff was friendly and very helpful in answering any questions I had. What else could you ask for this price? Staying in the coastal area, one should not be shocked to see an occassional roach. However, I did not see any bugs in my room. I did read the reviews on this motel before I booked. I was a little worried about some of the things I read. It is an older motel that could probably use a bit of updating. That said, I have no complaints about my stay at this motel. It served it's purpose at a great price. I will come back to this motel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Edna, Texas, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I called the office the first night I was there because of many tiny roaches;, so we were moved to another room; which had a few roaches. For the first room; we were provided with Raid, which did not help. The toilet ran much of the time in the second room. The personnel was ok. Overall, I got some rest.

Room Tip: Please take care of the roaches and clean the carpet; they had black smudge in them. Steam clean...