“Favorite Winery!”
Review of Bernhardt Winery

Bernhardt Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: We are your Houston Hill Country Winery, a scenic Tuscan-style winery located in Plantersville, Texas that produces classic varietals and unique blends. Combining old world charm and modern luxury, our boutique winery strives to produce quality wines and provide a fun tasting experience in a warm environment. DISCOVER Visit our unique Texas winery and vineyard and find traditional wine merchandise, along with fine jellies, jams and sauces in the tasting room. STAY Enjoy a romantic getaway in one of the charming and luxurious Bed & Breakfast rooms above the winery. RELAX Every Sunday evening, April through November, gather under century-old native Pecan trees for our Sunday Sunset Lawn Concerts featuring local live music entertainment. Enjoy a selection of food trucks for dining options along with a glass of award-winning Texas wine.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My fiancée and I made a great spontaneous decision to visit this winery. The staff was very helpful to us, since we are new to wine tasting. They did a great job explaining all the wines, and even gave us a free tour and sampling of their ports because we hung around awhile and had a glass of wine after our initial tasting. We watched from an outside sitting area while a group of people practiced their rehearsal for a wedding the next day, and it was just a peaceful day to relax and drink some delicious wine. I will definitely return to this place!

3  Thank Gerred O
in 5 reviews
"trees"
"performance"

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I got married here at Bernhardt this past November. The Bernardt's and their staff are Great people. They made our wedding go off without a hitch. Their B & B is great as well.)

2  Thank Valerie P
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I surprised my husband with an overnight stay at Bernhardt Winery in February 2012 (the moth/year selector wouldn't let me pick that)
The owners were just great people! I can not say enough about them!
We stayed in the upstairs Bed & Breakfast room and it was gorgeous!
Included with our stay was a wine tasting which was really good and a cheese, cracker and fruit plate.
We really enjoyed this little get away and hope to return soon!

1  Thank Joycole
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Travelling from the United Kingdom regularly, we try to call at the Winery when Jerry presents a musical evening. He seems to attract first class performers and the nibbles and deserts are always excellent. Highly recomended. As I do not drink, I cannot comment on the wine !

See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I were spending a weekend in Montgomery in early March so we decided to visit the Bernhardt Winery as it was only about 8 miles away. The winery is in a nice setting and very pretty and cozy. It would have been nice to spend some time outside viewing the scenery but unfortunately, it was very chilly and windy. There was a nice fire going in the fireplace and the workers were very friendly from the moment we walked in the door. We had a wine tasting that went very smoothly and all the wine we had was great. The problem is that the seating is very limited. There is a loveseat and chair (which were taken) and ottoman in the room but no other place to sit. It appears as though they just want people to come, try their wine, buy a bottle or two, and then leave. There is a room in the back that may be available at times but they were preparing for an event so they wouldn't allow us to sit there. My recommendation is that if you are desiring a place to sit and relax while having a couple of glasses of wine, then this might not be the place for you. There is a bar....why not have a few bar stools?