“Comfort despite the chaos”

Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I booked three hotel rooms at this hotel due to it's proximity to the metro/rail station on UT v. OU weekend -- which I knew would be hectic. I was extremely surprised with the excellent service despite the rush from the UT/OU game and some sort of convention they were having at the hotel. The rooms were impeccable, the breakfast buffet was extensive (much better than I expected) and employees were extremely attentive and polite (even when I called at 3am for extra pillows and blankets). I'm DEFINITELY staying here again when I come back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Alexa831, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Hi SHansen,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our proximity to the DART train/bus station, our breakfast and our service. I will gladly share your comments with my staff. We look forward to housing you and your friends on your next visit to the Plano/Dallas Area.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I would never recommend this hotel. I booked 11 rooms for a wedding, but 10 days
before the wedding, the reservation was cancelled due to a credit card not being asked for by them.
A courtesy call from the hotel before cancelling the reservation would have eradicated this awful problem. I assume that as they are now full they really don't care about my dilema.

Room Tip: ALWAYS get a confirmation number and have them take your cc details.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Harry C
Alexa831, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Hi Harry,

I'm sorry your group didn't get to experience the great service we offer at our hotel. We do courtesy group blocks for weddings and reservations must be booked before the cut-off date (3 weeks before arrival date) since a special rate is offered to the group. Courtesy group blocks aren't considered reservations unless you book within the cut-off date and receive a confirmation number. We're usually able to extend cut off dates upon availability but we were sold out by the time you contacted us. If any additional questions please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Marisol Lozada

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks this past summer. The staff sets this hotel aside from the rest! They were so nice and friendly and went out of their way for their guests. The hotel room was very clean and the breakfast was awesome. We enjoyed relaxing at the pool and jacuzzi in the evenings.The location was perfect for us since it was within walking distance to the DART train and the rates were reasonable, as well. We had a great experience and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Plano/Dallas area!

Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I'll make sure I share this comment with the staff since we strive for customer service and to make everyone feel welcome. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Plano/Dallas Area.

Thanks,

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had 2 children (3 and 4) and 2 adults. T------city booked us for a smoking room. When I got to the hotel, they said they were booked up and that they would send up an air ionizer and move us the next day . They did neither. There was a silverfish (bug) running around on the wall of the restroom (I guess the welcoming comittee) that I had to kill. Hotel is older and the rooms are smaller. Took the kids to swim and there were no towels at the pool. Had to go to the front desk to get towels. Next day, house cleaning cleaned the room (and did a good job), but only left 2 towels (we had 4 the day before) remember we had 2 kids with us. We were out and did not realize that we didn't have enough towels until later in the evening. I went downstairs and spoke with Nicole at the front desk. She told me they did not have any extra towels and that house keeping had already gone home. She said we could come down in the morning when housecleaning got in and pick up some. I was very disappointed. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Hello,

I'm sorry we didn;t deliver the service you expected. Give us another chance when you're back in the Plano Area.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We reserved this hotel at a surprisingly low rate which made me slightly suspicious but, after reading positive reviews here on TA, we stuck with it anyway. I was so pleasantly surprised when we arrived there. Sure, the building seems to be older and could certainly use a bit of an update but this was really only evident in the hallways. Our room must have been updated not too long ago and had all the conveniences we were looking for, also, it was perfectly clean. The lady who checked us in was so friendly and gave us a bottle of water and our choice of a snack item for being a gold priority club member which used to be quite normal, however these days it does not seem to be so, so it was an appreciated gesture.
The hotel is located close to a freeway which makes it convenient for travel but we did not hear any traffic noise at all. The beds were comfortable as all HI hotels seem to be these days and the breakfast bar was good and plentiful. Also, there is a clean Denny's within easy walking distance and the area looked ok to walk in even at dinner time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
marisol2008, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback. I'm very glad to hear you had a good night sleep and enjoyed our customer service since we strive for it. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plano East next time you're in the Dallas Area.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

My family visits the Dallas area on a fairly regular basis, so I've tried a few different hotels over the past 6 months. I've had no complaints about any of them, but neither did I have an extraordinary experience with them. It wasn't until staying here that my expectations were completely surpassed. Not only was it a well-kept/clean hotel at a very reasonable price, but there was exceptional service from every employee I met. I was very impressed with the professionalism & sincere friendliness.

My three young children (all under age four) & I stayed for two nights. The staff was very friendly & personable towards the children. Additionally, the staff was very accommodating & helpful to me. One way they assisted was to help get the children’s breakfast (spoons/milk/napkins). I appreciated this as it allowed me more time to sit & enjoy my breakfast. Those working at the desk registration worked quickly & efficiently without making you feel rushed. They took the time to answer any questions and even offered us complimentary water bottles. I noticed when checking-in that a couple of people came in soon after me. They were greeted and it didn’t take long before they were able to check-in as well.

The lobby/dining area were clean & inviting. There were fresh apples on a table (which were the perfect snack after a long drive). The location is quiet and near major highways. Though we didn’t swim, we had a view of the pool from our room. It was clean.

The personal touch that housekeeping gave was very sweet. My children were thrilled to return to the room our second night to find their beds neatly made with their dolls leaning comfortably against the pillows. Their special afghans that had been left on the beds were spread out neatly on top of the beds.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
marisol2008, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Hi Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your wonderful comments. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us since we strive for customer service. I will make sure to pass this on to all staff members. We look forward to welcoming you and your kids back at the Holiday Inn Express * Suites Plano on your next visit to the Dallas Area.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

This hotel needs an update. The beds were just OK and the air conditioner didnt work properly. You really have to walk a long way from front desk to some rooms. The way the hotel is set up is strange. The breakfast in the morning was good. Brett at the front desk could have been nicer. He and this hotel do not offer platinum members upgrades or even notice that I am a platinum member.

Hi Jmia,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I'm sorry we didn't wow you during your stay. This hotel used to be a full service hotel before 2004 and that's why the set up is a little different, we also try to always recognize our Platinum members with a welcome bag, upgrades (when available) and newspaper delivery. I was informed that during your stay our hotel was completely sold out and that's why we were unable to provide you with an upgrade. I hope that on your next visit to Plano you can give us another chance to wow you.