“Great place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What a fabulous experience! I am on a project in Plano that started in June 2013 and will complete May 2014 so this will be home until then. I must say, the staff were amongst the best and nicest I have ever encountered! The management did an outstanding job. I can't say enough about the lovely treatment we received from everyone at this hotel, from the GM all the way down to bussers in the restaurant and lounge. Thank you for making my last few stays on week-long business trip truly a pleasure! Property inside and out is very well maintain. I certainly will be back.
Oh - and the beds were SOOOOO comfortable as well. Quiet rooms, nice beds, good restaurant and fabulous people. If you get a chance, GO!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We needed a place to stay after attending the Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival. This hotel was perfect. It was in a great location that was close to restaurants and shopping. The weather was great, and we enjoyed sitting out in the courtyard at night. The service was great, and the room was exceptionally clean. We loved it so much that we booked another weekend stay for later in the same month so we could attend the Plano symphony!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
South Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Typical courtyard in every way (clean, good breakfast, etc) except I had the fun of not sleeping from 2am to5am at which time the street sweeper cleaned the garage for the office complex directly facing my room. The hotel staff understood my complaint but the hotel was booked solid so there was no moving rooms. I had a major meeting with a client the next day so I cannot say that I was happy going in with sleep deprivation and bags under my eyes. The staff felt my pain and treated me to a coffee the next day, but I would have rather paid for it and had a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the room facing the garage next door.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Missy A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I can only imagine how frustrating it was to be sleep deprived and have important meetings to attend. I have contacted the office building next door and addressed this issue with them. We look forward to your next RESTFUL stay with us!
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2013

In Plano for a house hunting trip and stayed at the Courtyard. Standard Courtyard, clean, quiet, good desk service nice bistro. Only issue was that the internet was terribly slow. Searching for home listings was painful. Used the business center computers as well as ours as and everything was slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize for the lack of speed with your internet. This is typically not an issue as we are a business hotel with a strong need for fast internet. The hotel also created an advanced internet speed for those needing even more bandwidth than the normal business traveler.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff is awesome! I haven't felt so at home while traveling since the last time I stayed at a Marriott hotel. Very professional. They even handled a small emergency with a fire alarm on Saturday morning with poise. The pool is excellent and the breakfast can't be beat both for taste and value.

However, our individual room was not great and we stuck with it because it was the only one available for our family's needs. The A/C cut off randomly, especially not fun when it's 108 degrees outside and it was especially bad at night when I woke up to a screaming hot child and hit the button yet again to get the air circulating. After two nights, I hated that button. So keep that in mind. Maybe it was malfunctioning, but when I asked a maintainence person, I received a shrug in response.

Room Tip: Try to avoid poolside on the first floor if you like quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Missy A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our staff! My team and I strive to give each guest an amazing experience at our hotel!

With that said, I apologize for your uncomfortable nights. I can only imagine the frustration of restless sleep. I appreciate your feedback and will look into your AC issue immediately.

Warmest Regards,
Missy Aday
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times during weekend shopping visits to the area. The hotel has always been clean and well-maintained. It has been a couple of years since my last stay however. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I am so glad you have enjoyed our hotel throughout the years! You should definitely come for another shopping trip to see our brand new rooms! We finished a room renovation in May and the rooms look even better than before!!

Hope to see you soon!
Missy Aday & Team
Cedar Park, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived late on Saturday and shared a room with my sister and her husband. After only being there for 30 minutes, the power went out to the entire hotel due to a wreck at the intersection nearby. The power was out for 6 hrs!!!! The hotel did not have back up generators so needless to say....it was pretty hot in our room. I ended up sleeping in the car for the night! Other than that, no issues at all. Nice hotel, great area and the price was great as well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jody V
Lynn M, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Jody:

Thank you for completing your review of the Spring Valley Courtyard, it is sincerely appreciated. We are so sorry to hear your stay was impacted by the car accident and power failure, that is not a typical experience for our guests and we regret that you had to endure this. Glad to hear that the rest of your experience was postiive with the property. Please let me know next time your are in Richardson so that we can have the opportunity to serve you while the power is still operating and our staff can go the extra mile for you. Wishing you and your famiy only the best,

Lynn Martin