All reviews golden corral marriott facilities yogurt lady in charge rooms are clean restaurants in walking distance newer hotel free breakfast waffle maker two nights breakfast bar great property the room was nice business trip easy access would definitely stay here again nice stay
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019

I have stayed at a lot of Marriott facilities and have enough lifetime stays to qualify for Titanium for life two times over if they had a category for something like that. I was greeted by Tony and Destiny on a Friday around noon. When i came back to the hotel Destiny remembered my first name after a day and half and greeted me when i came into the hotel Saturday evening. I have never experienced that at a Marriott in my life. I felt like I was home and after all the closer a hotel can get to a at home experience the better the hotel.

Room tip: simply ask
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

This was a nice place to stay while in the area for business. The desk staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff is terrific. Yes, chain hotels have limited breakfast but it is well presented, plentiful and there are healthy options such as fruit, yogurt and oatmeal. My room was comfortable and well appointed. There are nearby restaurants and even though the freeway was near....I did not hear it. I am prejudiced, I love Marriott properties and their loyalty program.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

After having some less than great at other hotels on the area, this Fairfield has become our regular stop on Plano. We are in Plano twice a year for conventions and the hotel is very convenient to the Plano Convention Center with numerous restaurants within the area.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Love Fairfield’s bc of the great breakfasts.
Stayed awhile and breakfast was a bit disappointing. Same scrambled eggs daily, no cheesy omelets like others, or variety of sausages, bacon, etc. and the oatmeal was super runny and no walnuts, raisins, apricots and yummy stuff to put in it. Granola? That’s an odd item to add to oatmeal. Also the fresh fruit was all grapes with a small amount of what looked like the same cantaloupe gone bad daily. It was old and slimy, not fresh. The beauty of fresh fruit is “fresh”.

Other than the breakfast not having as much variety as other Fairfield’s, everything else was nice.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Tony B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano North, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Ms. Lynn,

I am sorry our breakfast did not live up to Marriott standards. Can you please tell me the last name of the reservation so I can follow up with the staff that worked those days to make sure we do a better job. Thank you for the feedback.
Tony Bautista
GM

Reviewed March 18, 2019

We recently booked a King room for myself, my husband, and my 11 year old son for a baseball tournament. We chose the king room because it was a great deal and the website we reserved from said had a sofa bed. When we got to the hotel, the room did not have a sofa bed, and the front staff refused to help us. The hotel had no rollaway beds either. The hotel was most definitely not full, and they could have fixed the problem, but instead refused. We would have even paid the $10-20 difference! She still said she could do NOTHING about it. We had already passed the cancellation period as well, so we were stuck with either spending $100 somewhere else on top of the $100 already paid, or just deal with it. And because we had an early game, we just decided to stay. My son had to sleep on the ground with just extra blankets and pillows! And to make things worse, they put us in one of the rooms that I could tell had been smoked in! Will never stay at this same hotel again.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Tony B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano North, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

I am sorry your son had to sleep on the floor and you feel like the staff was rude to you. I am also sorry the 3rd party site you used misrepresented our hotel and said the king room has a sofa, only the suites have a sofa. The Marriott site does not say the king rooms have sofas. We have reached out to the third party and asked them to make the change. You could reach out to the 3rd party you booked with and explain what happened. Again I am sorry you did not get the room type you requested.