“Used to be lots better” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Plano, Texas
“Used to be lots better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This one was once a lot better. A bit run down. The menu and quality off a bit as well. Kind of c plus place

Visited November 2013

Port Lavaca, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was in town visiting family and took my cousin out for a steak. I've eaten at other TLC locations, so I had a good idea of what the experience should be.

The service was excellent and the food was very good. The waiter was prompt and attentive but not hovering. I think this may have been the best service I've received at any TLC location.

My Sirloin was slightly undercooked, but my preference is somewhere between Medium and Medium Well, so this basically came out the way I like it best. Usually if I ask for Medium it's a bit too undercooked for my tastes so I go with Medium Well. It had a good flavor and the juices were seared in as they should be. The baked potato was very good as well.

The atmosphere was very relaxing and quiet and would have been perfect for a date if it hadn't been my cousin with me. She and I both had a good time and weren't rushed to give up the table.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Plano, Texas
“Looking For A Good Drink”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We live in Plano, but go out of our way to the Richardson location. The Bartender sucks. Food is about the same, but they don't go out of their way to serve you. Make you feel like"Welcome"

• Visited July 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Stay Away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have been coming to this restaurant for several years for an annual meeting of our group. This year was terrible. Although the service was good to a point the rest of the evening was very poor. Food was OK but after our meal was delivered we were never approached to see if we wanted a refill for our wine or even asked if we wanted dessert. Those drinking soft drinks or ice tea were served refills repeatedly. The table was sticky and we had to ask for silverware and water. I do understand that this was a large party - 15 people - and the waitress tried very hard but the total experience was not to return here again

• Visited June 2014
Argyle, Texas
“Disappointing lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice staff and Texas decor, but our food left a lot to be desired. The chicken fried steak was okay but the mashed potatoes were terribly over seasoned (your mouth shouldn't keep burning after you swallow) and the green beans were barely cooked.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Been to Texas Land & Cattle Steak House? Share your experiences!