“Not so great - would not go back”

Texas Land & Cattle Steak House
Ranked #638 of 925 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were recently in TX on business and a group of us (15) ate here one evening. The atmosphere was good - they did give us a private room. The service was also pretty good - attentive and quick. Unfortunately the complaint from most of the diners was with the food. A couple complained about the fattiness of the beef. I personally did not enjoy my dinner. I had a ribeye that was so salty it was almost inedible. Also the baked potato was not fully cooked. Steak and potato - pretty simple and standard for a steakhouse and both were a disappointment. With all the choices in the area I would not go back here.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

When I want to go out to eat, but I don't want to really dress up, etc. we often go here. The menu has fish, steak, chicken... so everyone can find something to eat. I especially like it if the weather is cold... then I want next to their fire place. I get the smoked sirloin and the lettuce wedge. My husband varies what he gets, but he is always pleased. It's not fancy, but it is nicer than a burger place.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The fine menu offers a braod steak selection and a few really special items. The Smoked Salmon Salad or Entree is extra good...and the Smoked Sirloin is a standard that others cannot compare.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

We had been here a couple of years ago and since we were shopping in the area decided to stop by again. The atmosphere is very good and inviting. The steaks were excellent and prepared exactly as we ordered them. The wait service was also excellent. Prices are not inexpensive however they are in line with other similar steakhouses. We also had a coupon that we used. Now about getting there. This restaurant is not at a major intersection thus if you are traveling south on Central Expressway you need to exit a long way back at the Spring Creek exit and stay on the service road.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Lunched here a couple of times at suggestion of local colleagues. The decor is typical wood and rustic furnishings. Had the Swiss & Mushroom burger, which was quite good. A little over $11 with the raspberry tea. And that's about all I have to say about it.