“Fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cru A Wine Bar

Cru A Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cru A Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 875 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Contemporary, American, Wine Bar, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Crú is the premier wine bar. Conceived as an exciting urban destination to experience and explore the fascinating world of wine, with over 300 wine selections and 40 premium wines offered by the glass, as well as taster pairings and wine flights.
Austin, Texas
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I ate here with another couple in June 2013. We had called ahead and while my husband parked the car, I went to get the table. I was immediately sat inside. There is a nice ambiance in the place and the patio outside looked like a great place to relax with a glass of wine (we could have waited for a spot outside but it was going to be a long wait). The server immediately greeted me and provided water while I waited for the other three to find parking and come to the table.

The menu has a variety of items and designed to share small-plate style. Three of us opted to get wine flights, where you pick from pre-selected groupings. We all got different flights so we could sample even more.

For dinner, we selected different items off the menu so we could share. My husband ordered the lamb skewers, I selected a steak and arugula pizza. My friend ordered the Sicilian sausage pizza and her husband got the mussels. My pizza was very good, so much so that I didn't want to give up slices to the others! (I did and everyone agreed that it was tasty.) I tried the lamb and it was good, but I'm just not a fan of lamb. My friend's Sicilian sausage pizza was very good, but it's spicy. Make sure you have some water handy if you get that. We also ordered a bottle of wine for dinner and were quite pleased with the list - there are bottles that are good value and not too expensive on there as well.

We had great service and we enjoyed our experience. We would definitely return and maybe try to snag a patio spot on a nice day.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Lyon, France
“Wine, Pizza, Cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great place on the weekend. Crowded but very good service and selection of wines and cheeses. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Visited December 2012
Lubbock, Texas
“Wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Sat at the bar all evening with sister and niece for my birthday. Knowledgeable bartender - Chris - was so attentive with service and really knew his wines. Tried many menu items. All were terrific. A very unique, relaxing experience. I will definitely be back.

Visited February 2013
Lewisville, Texas
“Excellent wine, food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stopped in Cru for the first time on a Friday night. The service was excellent and our waiter was very knowledgeable about the wines and food. My wife had a very good Malbec and I had one of the "flight" samplings of white wines. We shared one of their several cheese plates, which was excellent as well as their fried calamari and shrimp which was also very good.

The place has a very pleasant, trendy vibe with an excellent wine selection. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited October 2012
Texas
“Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is one of those spots that has highs and lows. Very nice wine selection, however, wines by the glass are definitively over priced (a nice little pinot out of Oregon $22). Food was actually high quality and a pleasant surprise. Nicely decorated inside, however, the choice of background music was both odd and extremely loud. We were there with 2 other couples and we were all hoarse from shouting at one another. Not what one would expect in an intimate wine bar.

• Visited August 2012