“WORST INDIAN RESTAURANT EVER!!!”
Review of Chettinaad Palace - CLOSED

Chettinaad Palace
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Worst service, food can be much much much better. Worst Indian restaurant I've been to. Believe me being an Indian I know a lot of great Indian restaurants around Dallas that serve great food and have great service as well. The ambience at Chettinaad is depressing as well! I have been to this restaurant thrice and I've never been treated well. I am a vegetarian and the last time I was there I ordered Palak paneer and they served me Palak chicken! I mean it was ridiculous! My fellow vegetarians will understand what I mean. Thank goodness I tried to cut it with a spoon before I ate it! This was the limit! I'm not going back to this place again! And I suggest anyone who reads this to not go to this place! The food is NOT AT ALL worth it!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Under the older ownership, this place used to be our favorite. Gradually, it got got worse under the present management. Its pretty bad now. They have cut too many corners and the quality of food has gone really bad. It tastes bad, and not sure if its healthy anymore. If they have cut it down on taste so much, they might have even cut down on the other aspects of food and service too...

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This Place is pathetic, never step in. The food is way below average, and quality and taste not acceptable for the high price they charge. Ambiance is more like a shabby restaurant in a city where there are no other INDIAN restaurants so people have no choice, but this is Plano. The food seemed like prepared on the weekend and left overs served.
We tried it for the first time and the total experience was horrible.
Apart from no one else being in restaurant, the servers were blunt and rude. However the worst was the Manager/Owner, who behaved so badly that we had to get off in the middle of our meal and walk out of the place.
Instead of listening to the customer, the manager was repeatedly saying its your fault. Manager had no idea what was printed on the menu card and when we referred to it and proved her wrong she got upset and started shouting at us. As I mentioned before, we left our dinner mid way and paid and walked out the place.
Going through other reviews I noticed similar behavior from the owner to other customers. Whats surprising is that this place is still running.
When I called the so called owner he did no apologize for the employees behavior but instead just hung up.
If someone thinks there is any authenticity in the taste of the food here then they have not tasted real INDIAN food. In a place like Plano there are good restaurants at every nook and corner and even their worst Customer Service is better than the shabby folks here.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Chettinaad Palace used to be a favorite place to go to get a very good buffet. For some reason, our last visit, everything tasted bland, as if the flavors were sucked out of the dishes. The list of dishes on offer were excellent- they looked good, smelled great, until you took a forkful into your mouth and it seemed like everything was so insipid and tasteless. To be fair, the vada and the Pakoda( both appetizers and deep fried) were good, as was the dose and Naan. Past that, the Biriyani, Palak Paneer, dhal, Mushroom curry, Sambar, all left one craving for some real food... My companions said the fried fish was decent. Even the chutneys it seems, gave up- the coconut chutney tasted like it was thawed from the fridge. The sweet tamarind chutney was watery and lacked flavor and the mint chutney just tasted like a bunch of mint leaves ground up. The desserts also disappointed- even though they had Kheer, Gulab Jamuns and Carrot halwa. Nothing satisfied. The Jamuns lacked body, the carrot halwa lacked sweetness and the Kheer was average. Where, oh where are the wonderful flavors of Indian food? Not at Chettinaad!

Reviewed February 8, 2012

If you love fish and curry this is the place to go. Typical South Indian Food--Good Buffet, lots of variety.

1  Thank misterjunior