“Traditional Italian” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Plano, Texas
“Traditional Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Very much like an Italian restaurant in NYC. Food was very good, but the place is old, and could use some updating.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Plano, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Seating was cramped and the service slow. Older style resaurant with extensive menu, but many were the same item with just a different sauce.

Visited April 2012
Dallas
“Would never guess you can get great Italian food here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

Great Italian food. You can tell they take pride in their recipes and the food is always good!

Visited November 2011
Houston, Texas
“Good food, a bit short on atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

Visited this restaurant earlier this year at the high recommendation of a local colleague. It's a little hard to find, sitting back off the street; I was told to look for it behind a nearby Brazilian steakhouse. The staff at the Paesano were very engaging and friendly, and I felt comfortable asking for their recommendation on a signature dish to try. I went for the Veal Saltimboca, a bit costly, but a huge mountain of a plate that even I couldn't completely finish. It was an excellent meal, other than for the dish being a tad salty. While the cuisine and service was a huge plus, the dining room was a decided negative. It felt like a converted something or other, seemed hardly decorated, and had a bit of run-down feel that distracted from the dining experience. With a little remodeling, I could see this as a place I'd like to visit over and over when in town. The veal, some minestrone soup, and a lemonade ran me total about $25.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kay-cee-1138
Austin, Texas
“Dirty restaurant, Horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

The wall in our booth had food splattered all over it, there were cobwebs hanging from the beams above the table and the menus were really dirty. I ordered an appetizer and my husband ordered an entree. My appetizer was brought to the table in a reasonable time, and we ate the appetizer; and then sat and sat and sat waiting for the entree my husband ordered. We finally got our server's attention and ask to have the dinner put in a to go box. Then again we waited and waited. When she brought the entree to the table my husband gave her a credit card to pay our bill, then again we waited and waited. We waited so long that it became noticeable to another employee of the restaurant and he came to our table and asked if we needed anything because we had been just sitting there so long. When she brought our credit card and the already paid bill there was another surprise. She had added two extra dollars for "sharing"!! I ordered a $6.99 appetizer because that's what I wanted to eat and my husband ordered a $14.99 entree. This restaurant is really a rip off!! The food is over priced for what you get and the service is horrible.

• Visited August 2011