“Very unique & COMFORTABLE”

NYLO Plano at Legacy
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I would compare this to the aloft hotels (which are always my go to) & I loved NYLO. Super comfortable and modern digs. No free bkfst which always bums me out but I knew that when booking. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I really like this hotel, stayed here at least 8 times. the location can't be beat, great parking, every type of food/ restaurant within a minute's drive, great shower with decent water pressure. Wasn't really going to ever write a review for this hotel except decided to catch management's eye on two issues. 1. They need a loyalty program 2. This problem of checking you into rooms that already have guests in them. I heard this from someone else, then it happened to me in February. I open the room and scare the hell out of someone in their underwear at 8:30pm. Then I am reading reviews here prior to writing my review and the same thing is mentioned 2x in other reviews and I haven't read that many reviews. Come on management get a decent room tracking system!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SoCalDad300
Reviewed March 12, 2014

All of the folks that work there are incredibly friendly and made me feel right at home! My swanky Loft was and always is amazing!!! It is my favorite place to stay when I visit the Dallas Fort Worth Area.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the 3rd and 4th floors in the lofts and loved it every time!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

What a fun place! "Loft" style hotel in Plano is hip and friendly. Love the whole look & feel of the hotel. Very NYC with concrete, exposed pipes and groovy rooms. The bar/restaurant is very fun, with pool tables, good food and great bartenders. Pool outside has a fire pit. This is the happening spot for local weddings, corporate events and more. Really fun and good price. Gym is well equipped. Very friendly staff.
Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Convenient location just off the tollway, not far from shopping if that's what you're into. We just wanted to get away for a weekend and have a nice dinner nearby.
Free parking.
We were hungry before our dinner reservations elsewhere so had some bar food and it was great (fries and also the pan seared crab cakes/ creole mustard remoulade served on top of sautéed asparagus, tomato, and bacon)

PERFECTION:
-Bar/restaurant area! We loved the bar area--cool pool table and lounge options. We didn't only have the option of sitting at the bar or a table--we ate our food and had drinks on a comfy sofa while watching a basketball game on tv and also sorting through the MANY books lined up on the floor-to-ceiling bookcases. Outside, the pool area looked like it would be a great place once the weather warmed up, although it was too cold for us to use it at the time.
-Friendly and helpful staff overall--The bar staff was great, one guy's name was Blessings (his name was easy to remember).
-Our room was comfy and I loved the urban loft-style of it.
-Cool, not-so-ordinary decor and ambiance
LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED:
Not the fault of the hotel--but the immediate area. Not much interesting going on--just shopping mall, stores, regular stuff.

Room Tip: A/C noise in room was really loud, but I don't think this probably differs from room to room.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I surprised my fiance with a local weekend getaway and chose the NYLO in Plano, a hotel that I had never even visited before. From the moment that we walked in and were greeted to the moment that the weekend was complete, we had an amazing experience! The staff was great and the bed was the most comfortable that either of us had ever slept on. We loved the New York Loft styling of the rooms, it was very cool. We can't wait to go back so we will make this a regular way to get-away without leaving town!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I spent this past Saturday night at the NYLO through a groupon purchase I made. I must say that it was such a nice place. First it is very different, very modern, maybe industrial is the word. The place was very clean, staff was very welcoming, loved the shower, the décor of the room. The absolute best part was the bed! It was so comfortable. All the things you look for in a hotel stay is here without a doubt. We loved this place and will definitely return.