“A little disappointed...”

NYLO Plano at Legacy
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed October 9, 2013

A great overall experience, and I was excited to have stayed here with my Groupon, but I stayed on the 3rd floor above an event that was going on during my stay and the music was resonating pretty loudly until 10:30-11 pm at night. I considered asking for a room on the other side because I wanted to get to bed fairly early that night, but it stopped before I went downstairs.

The amenities in the actual room were great, albeit a little weathered in some areas including stains on my couch and a bathmat that looked like it had seen better days, but also had a very comfortable king bed to sleep in, with crisp sheets and lots of pillows.

Had it not been for the water leaking in from the ceiling the next morning onto my air-conditioning unit behind my bed, I might have slept soundly through the morning, but it was not fun being woken up at 7 am to the sound of constant dripping and water that splashed onto my face. I woke up and placed a towel on the unit to soak up the water, and by the time I came back from breakfast it was drenched. I might try out another location in Dallas or Irving, but I know I won't be staying in room #350 at this location again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer C
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for choosing NYLO for your most recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. The guest feedback on our NYLO NYTE bedding has been fantastic and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities during your visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for the noise and the water leak that you experienced, please be assured that our engineering team has been notified about the leak and has been corrected since.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Stay Unique,
Joe Massar

Reviewed October 8, 2013

quite the unusual hotel for this region, NYLO stands for New York Loft.. the whole building has a lofty feel to it, including the rooms. Quite nice a change from your garden variety hotel in the in the Plano area... te gym is OK, with good machines and it's just as well as the area does not appear to lend itself very well for an outdoor run.. The bar is good with some outdoor seating, overall a very pleasant business hotel..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ron helped us get a great deal on our wedding here. It was fun having indoor and outdoor space. It's a unique and fun property. We were thankful our guests could enjoy a $70 rate and our suite was free! Thanks Ron!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ron and his staff exceeded my expectations for my event that was held at Nylo in Plano. The food, ambiance, and attentive staff were wonderful and made my night very memorable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you are coming to Plano, TX for work or pleasure, stay at the NYLO. This boutique hotel has a cool vibe that makes being in the lobby, pool, or where ever, a nice treat. The staff is great and the rooms very nice. You are also just 5 minutes away from great restaurants and the Frisco baseball, basketball and hockey venues.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a pretty enough property, but there is an unfortunate trend that's taking hold and NYLO is following it. We first saw designs that were minimalistic, to the point that the bathrooms are nearly exposed to the rest of the room, while in Asia. We then experienced the same thing in Europe. While it may seem "chic", it's a terrible design that leaves little to no privacy and doesn't allow anyone to continue sleeping if someone else has to leave early. The bathrooms have a sliding door that isn't closed off at the top and the design of the shower causes the entire room to be lighted.

The hotel design is urban in nature, with exposed concrete floors and walls. That said, it seems more like a facade, as we could hear everything that was going on in the adjoining rooms. There are no closet or dresser spaces and little seating. The beds are comfortable enough, but they've decided to go with extremely small pillows.

The air conditioning unit didn't cool well and was directly behind the headboard. That would've been fine if it provided a consistent "white noise", but it was annoyingly loud and intermittently vibrating.

The website indicated free water for drinking, but there was a single 8oz. bottle for our king size room. There was a Keurig coffee maker.

We had 2 rooms and the experience with the rooms was consistent. We would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The decor of the property is very avant-garde and gives the impression of a high-end boutique hotel. Staff was very nice and accommodating. I didn't get a chance to try the restaurant or bar, but both looked very promising. The rooms are not very big, but they are spacious due to the industrial/minimal style. As with other reviewers, my biggest complaint is the fact that there is no privacy in the bathroom... I would've expected at least the toilet to be enclosed in its own room. Also the air conditioner is a bit complicated, and not very efficient. The bed was probably the best feature of the room.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor, unless you want the people in the parking lot to see everything you're do...