“Very Hip and Chic Hotel in Plano!”

NYLO Plano at Legacy
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Plano, Texas
“Very Hip and Chic Hotel in Plano!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in order to attend a job interview the next day at JCPenney. I was very impressed from the moment I stepped in! There were many other business professionals checking in at the same time. The lobby has very funky looking chairs and modern lighting. The bar and lounge is very trendy. The room was small but fantastic! It had a sliding industrial looking door for the bathroom door. There is exposed brick and ceiling to floor curtains. They of course had flat screens, and there was also a Kurig in my room. In the morning there was a complimentary shuttle that ran to all the nearby headquarters/corporate offices. The hotel was also very close to all the shoppes at Legacy. I would definitely stay there again on business or with my husband.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tiersa M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Arrived to a couple that had apparently gotten into a fight and the man was bring arrested. It was so loud we couldn't even hear ourselves as there was a wedding going on beneath us. Rooms are rustic and industrial, which is cool. But sound is terrible and lighting was bad. There were so many people running all over the hotel I didn't sleep at all. I was offered free brunch only to arrive at restaurant with nobody able to help us. Just walked out!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mlestrada
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Plus:

Funky deco. Reliable free internet conneciton

Minus:

Breakfast...Expensive and very light. Plus one day they couldnt even serve it claiming a problem with the fridge...

Rooms are noisy. not ideal if you are on a business trip. Avoid a room on the bar/pool side as well.

Way too expensive...Low value

Overall not recommended for a business stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank frwien
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay here on our weekend without the kids and enjoyed it.
All of the staff was very pleasant and the room was clean.
It's definitely a fun place to stay if you are tired of the traditional hotel look.

Only CONS:
-pool area needs some TLC (stained pool chairs, dirty pool and updated landscaping)
- extremely LOUD and rude guests opening and closing the doors in the hallway at 1:30 am. However, when we complained to the front desk, they were very apologetic and quick to send someone up to hush the loud neighbors. Thank you, that was much appreciated!

Overall recommendation: Yes

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank EmsCubed
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed April 16, 2013

NYLO Plano is a prefect business hotel. Everything in the room was functional and worked. You have everything you need and nothing that you do not. The bed was the most comfortable I have experienced in a long time, wonderful linens. The staff was warm and concerned to make sure that that everything was perfect. The food was excellent. I am now a loyal customer and will stay there every time I visit Plano for business.

Room Tip: The basic room is just fine and I did not need to upgrade to "glass"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Texas, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I booked NYLO to experience something different and get away from work and celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. Upon check in we were informed that there was a wedding planned for Saturday (our anniversary) on the patio and the patio and the pool would be closed from 5:00 for the rest of the day. This really upset me as I was looking forward to swimming in the heated pool and relaxing poolside by the fire/waterfall. To make it worse, we then discovered that every room at the hotel only has a shower, no bath tub. My idea of romance was out the window. We were told that the bar was open to all hotel guests, but since you have to walk through the bar to the patio, it felt uninviting with the wedding guests starring at everyone that was clearly not invited to the wedding. My husband and I had a great time exploring the cities of Frisco and Plano, tried many restaurants. Bob's steak house is absolutely amazing! Very pricey, but for special occasions, worth it.

The night of the wedding and our anniversary we ended up going to our room early and thought we were going to rent a movie. It started for about 10 minutes then the tv in our room froze up. We called down to the lobby and they brought us a new remote for the tv, that didn't work. They sent another remote and came into our oom to try to fix the issue (unplugged tv, and attempted to rent the movie again). Still didn't work. They did refund the movie charge and even gave us breakfast vouchers for the next morning, but that doesn't change the fact that my anniversary did not work out how I had envisioned when I originally booked the hotel. Breakfast was wonderful!

It is definitely a different experience, cool atmosphere. Unfortunately, we probably won't stay there again. I had read a previous review that another person gave that said when she told them it was her anniversary, they gave them free breakfast vouchers and a gift. I told them it was our anniversary and we didn't receive anything except to be told that we couldn't access the patio or pool. :-(. Overall, we had fun despite the disappointments of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side with a view of the Macafee headquarters are quite. We stayed on the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiffany H
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Tiffany H,

We are happy you chose the NYLO Plano to celebrate your anniversary. Please accept my apology that your stay did not go as planned and for the technical issues with your television. We do try to inform our guests when the courtyard is not available and this instance happened to be for a couple using the courtyard for their wedding vows. We hope you were able to utilize the LOCL restaurant and bar that evening.

We would appreciate you allowing us another opportunity and will come back to enjoy the pool. Please let me know how I may be of assistance in the future.
Kindest Regards,

Joe Massar
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you like the ultra modern style of hotel then this is the one for you. It has concrete walls that are unpainted with the pipes exposed. Nice layout of furniture. Bed was comfortable. Lacking in drawers for storage of clothing.

Service at the front desk was quick and very friendly. Not so with the dining room. Breakfast service was slow and prices were pricey for the area.

Room Tip: Only if you like the ultramodern feel should you book here. I don't so will be choosing one of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business