“Something different !”

NYLO Plano at Legacy
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for something a little different, give this hotel a try. The walls, ceiling and floor are concrete. Very modern feel. I didn't spend much time in my room, but it was comfortable if a little smaller than normal. It is perfect for the business traveler. If you are claustrophobic, the concrete surroundings might not be a good choice. You can set the room temp and it is quick to respond - warmer or cooler...The bed was wonderful. Keurig coffee machine in room with complimentary bottle of water and actual cream/milk instead of the powder stuff ! Wi-fi as well. Interesting decor. The bathroom was modern with a nice rain head shower, but it is best if you are by yourself or with someone else who you are very intimate with - just from a privacy perspective. Very good service from staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Shuttle to take you where you need to go. Nice lounge area with a reading/library and pool table. Nice outside area to sit at as well. I only ate breakfast there one day, but the staff was quick and helpful and the food was good.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Jennie-
It is always a pleasure to hear how our guests enjoyed their experience with us. Even better is to know our staff was accommodating. We look forward to your travels bringing you back to the NYLO Plano in the future.

There are newer reviews for NYLO Plano at Legacy

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The NYLO hotel is in a great location for those on business travel. The staff is great and would recomend it to others. I have been staying at Nylo the past few month while in Plano for business. The hotel staff is friendly and nice. The amentities are pretty average. You get free wifi which I have found to be weak depending on which floor or room I am staying in. They offer free access to the fitness room which is small with only a handfull of machines. During my most recent stay at NYLO I encountered noisy neighbors one evening but was quickly taken care of my the front desk. Unfortunately they do not offer complimentary breakfast. I will continue to stay at the NYLO when in Plano for business. PS: The floors and walls are concrete. Bring a pair of slippers if you dont like cold floors. I wish they also offered slippers.

Room Tip: Request a King rooms if you are traveling solo. The beds are comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Good Day Cait D,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that you received great service from our team here at NYLO Plano at Legacy.

In regards to the noise from neighboring rooms, I sincerely apologize that you had to encounter such behavior during your visit, but am happy to hear that our Front Desk team was able to address it during your stay.

We hope to see you again soon and always feel free to contact us directly should you need future service.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business and therefore didn't spend a ton of time in the room. This was a good thing as it could get a bit claustrophobic at times. The rooms are very pretty - modern in nature and simple. Lots of concrete, nice furnishings etc...but the room was very narrow. Like I got up from bed and had to make my way out sideways to get to the rest of the room. Don't forget that in the middle of the night! The bed was ultra comfy and the shower was amazing -best shower ever! The restaurant was also good, I ate there a few nights. Overall it was a good experience, but the feeling that the walls were closing in might keep me away next time.

Room Tip: The fifth floor rooms are quite narrow
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotels. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our NYLO NYTE bed and that you were able to dine with us at the LOCL Restaurant!

We look forward to your travels bringing you back to NYLO Plano at Legacy in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My teen daughters and I stayed here for a weekend trip to the area. A very modern hotel.
We all loved the waterfall shower head.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. We found a small leak in our bathroom and they fixed it. We did not have the opportunity to dine on property but their seemed to be people who came just for that. The coffee bar was nice and they had travel sized packages of almost everything that someone might have forgotten to pack.

There are plenty of places and choices to eat nearby. There is a mall and the Shops at Legacy close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

LBBell,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you and your daughters enjoyed your weekend retreat at NYLO Plano at Legacy. I apologize for the leak that occurred during your stay with us, but I am pleased to hear that we were able to ressolve the issue.

Please touch base when you are ready for another amazing weekend getaway, as I will have my team create a signature NYLO experience for you.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just stayed at the Nylo on my latest trip to Plano. It is conveniently located for business travel as it is right in the heart of the corporate district, and within walking distance to my location. The hotel has a "hip" vibe, with hanging chairs in the lobby, and a loft feel to the rooms. The walls and floors in the rooms are exposed concrete, but are surprisingly warm in the winter. The shower was great, a big rain head with very good water pressure. The bathroom is a little funky, with privacy screens but not a fully private walled area. This was fine for me as I was travelling alone, but may be uncomfortable for some who are travelling with a companion. The bed was very comfortable, but room was on the small side. I had a room that was on the outside of the hotel facing the road, and I could hear traffic noise in the morning. If you can, request a room that looks over the pool - it will be quieter.

The restaurant was also good. I had the scallops and the macaroni and cheese (which was to die for) for dinner, and they had very reasonably priced breakfast options. Service was good at dinner, but slow for breakfast.

The pool area is nice, with an outdoor fireplace. It was too chilly for me to enjoy it during my stay, but it made for a nice atmosphere. The pool is small, but good enough to dip into to cool off.

Overall, I would stay there again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I live in Dallas, but a wedding brought us north of our home by about an hour so I decided at the last minute to find a place for myself and my two small children (ages 10yrs and almost 3yrs) to hang out . My kids thought the place was "AWESOME!!!" and I couldn't have asked for a better experience, SERIOUSLY! I love the simple, yet modern, elegance of the hotel. The gym was perfect for a morning workout, and the pool (although I didn't even read/see anything about it on their website) was simply GORGEOUS looking out the bedroom window with an outdoor fire-pit that lit up the entire pool area! Despite my packing 5 bags for only one night away from home, I managed to leave my cell phone charger behind, but to my excitement the hotel had one available for my use! The staff was SO NICE to us! We loved everything about our stay, and WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!

Room Tip: I didn't do anything and my room was perfect for our needs!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jami S
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Jami-
Packing 5 bags for two kids and yourself, sound like you were well prepared. We thank you for your glowing response and it never gets old to hear our guests share what they enjoy about our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Plano.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently on a business/pleasure combined trip. This new style of hotel takes a bit of getting used to if you've never stayed at one before. But the new modern style starts to grow on you. If you're into efficient & effective, and I mean that in a good sense, you'll admire this hotel. The room was clean and quiet. The bed very comfortable. The hotel staff is very accommodating. And the location is great for work, shopping, dining, and nightlife.
And I found it an excellent bargain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear positive guest experiences with us at NYLO Hotels.