NYLO Plano at Legacy
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

$94
Courtyard
$149
Homewood
$103
$89
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$153
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

Magnuson Hotel Park Suites(Plano)(Great Value!)
$99
$94
$125
$113
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$110
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

All reviewsloft styleconcrete floorcool placeunique hotelrooms are smallbed was very comfortablebusiness tripbathroom doorbusiness hotelstaff was friendlydallas areashower headshuttle servicehipminimalistconceptbrick
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Wonderful hotel! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Everything about this hotel, from the top quality front desk staff (Irene) to the well appointed amenities and comfortable bed was top notch.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank HowT154
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Greetings HowT154,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that your stay was wonderfully delightful, please be assured that I have shared your kudos to the team!

General Manager, NYLO Plano at Legacy

Reviewed December 10, 2012

First time staying at the NYLO, and I have mixed emotions about this hotel.

PROS:
Stylish, modern, and pleasantly different than the usual boring holiday inn
Very good value for the money - $109 total for two nights can't be beat
Convenient to local shopping, eating and entertainment
Friendly hotel staff
Comfortable bed with nice linens
Nice looking outdoor bar area with pool
Issues with door locks were addressed promptly by the front desk and maintenance staff
CONS:
Parking, parking, parking. We arrived at the hotel around 1130 at night and there were literally NO parking spaces anywhere due to a private event being hosted at the hotel. There are no other businesses nearby - just across very busy Preston Rd or about 1/4 mi or more walk to the nearby McAfee building. My husband had to drive through the lot for a half hour before a spot could be found. When I complained to the front desk, the clerk expressed his concern but said there was nothing he could do and that this was a common problem for the hotel. He also indicated that the problem was partially due to the fact that locals would come to enjoy the "open bar". There has to be a better way to manage parking for these events and it was the worst part of our stay.

There is no tub, which I expect at a hotel like this, but nevertheless I do prefer one when available, and it would make staying with small children challenging. The shower also wasn't hot enough for my taste.

The noise level was very excessive at this hotel - we were staying on the side overlooking the pool, and parties were held both the Fri and Sat nights we stayed which we quite boisterous. The noise level in the hallway was also bad. This doesn't really bother my husband and I, but if loud noise drives you away don't stay here. There's also a large "hipster" crowd with a propensity for drunkenness, so I wouldn't consider this a "family" hotel.

Despite these concerns, considering the exceptional value and nice accomodations, I would at least consider staying again, but if the price were to go up and/or if the parking continued to be an issue I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't stay poolside if you don't like noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

priddygrrl,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that you received great service and enjoyed the hotel's design! I sincerely apologize regarding the parking, the area can become quite crowded & lively at night, especially on weekends. We have been discussing other alternatives so this does not inconvenience any of our future guests.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Plano.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great service, cool atmosphere and the best bed in the world!! I have traveled to the Plano area on numerous occasions and have tried all the hotels in the area. The NYLO by far has the best rate, coolest atmosphere, nicest staff and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The loft style is cool and the rooms are nicely outfitted to accommodate a business traveler!

Michele B,

Thank you for your amazing feedback and for sharing them with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at NYLO Plano at Legacy, please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

NYLO was a last minute decision with a great price from hotels.com. I searched for pet-friendly hotels and not expect to find such an upscale hotel. We loved the fun, funky decor. We enjoyed the restaurant bar so much the night before with live music and a great atmosphere, we also had breakfast there the next morning. The front desk was very personable. I highly recommend NYLO.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Amber M,

Thank you for your amazing feedback and for sharing them with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderfully delightful stay at NYLO Plano at Legacy, please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is certainly not your average business hotel. I have stayed here three or four times over the last couple of years and I have never been disappointed. Yes, it is austere in design, but it is really kind of cool. The bed is great, so is the shower, the desk/power layout works great, nice iPhone adapting clock with good sound, and nice TV. What more would you want? Maybe a great lounge and restaurant with good food and welcoming people. It has that, too. Finally, the front desk staff is outstanding, AND, it has a shuttle. I could stay at the nearby Embassy Suites, but I have always enjoyed this place and will certainly come back next time in the area.

Room Tip: I haven't ever had a bad room anywhere in the hotel

GGinSRQ,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am so pleased you always enjoy visiting NYLO Hotels. I am also happy to read that your recent stay at the hotel was thoroughly pleasurable. Please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!