“Another Great Stay...”

NYLO Plano at Legacy
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I usually stay at the NYLO when I'm in Plano because it's a great hotel with a great staff, great atmosphere, great bar, and great rooms. I was upgraded to the NYLO Suite and must say that this room is really worth the price. It has an open layout with 3 living spaces which is great for those who need a place to work, relax, and sleep. If you have to stay in town for more than 3 or 4 days, this is the room. I would only comment that the closet is the same as in the standard rooms. A simple rod positioned right in the entryway and covered by a drape.

The bar / restaurant is very cool. The indoor area leads right to the outdoor seating area and huge fireplace. Very cool ambiance. The food is really tasty and they have a nice menu and drink selection.

However, I must agree with the other comments. The hotel has no affiliation with any major chains so you can't accrue or use points here but if this is the biggest negative that is written about this hotel, well I guess that says enough.

Overall, another great stay at once of my favorites.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Greetings NoahTrop,

Thank you for your loyalty to NYLO Plano at Legacy and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to read that your stay with us was delightful, please be assured that we have forward your kudos to the team. We are looking to enhance our clubNYLO program which is not a points reward program, but is a great program where you recieve unexpected treats at check-in. Please stay tuned as we are always looking into ways to grow our loyalty program.

As always please feel free to contact us directly should you need future service.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My ONLY complaint is the hotel is not affiliated with any other chain so you don't earn any points. For the business traveler, this is pretty important to me. Over the past few years I have consolidated airlines and hotels into ONE company each, this hotel is the ONLY exception. If you weren't so close to my working destination I'd have to change.

I have stayed here many, many times for business only. This hotel is super hip & cool, love the vibe. Can be a bit noisy in the hallway & room because it is all concrete, but not a deal breaker. I can walk across the street to a nearby large company, so I don't rent a car, just cab from DFW. NYLO always hooks it up with a car service on time for my return trip, ON TIME! I've never stayed on a weekend night so I can't comment on the 'club' atmosphere some reviews call out. Gym is decent, you can get it done if you work out on the road. Free wifi - always a plus.

The outdoor patio area is very cool - great area to unwind with coworkers over a few drinks. When they close, just walk across the street to a handful of bars and restaurants - Holy Grail Pub is amazing, best beer selection around.

Plano / Frisco is pretty dull & boring and the NYLO style is really out of place - but that's a good thing!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are less noisy than rooms overlooking the lounge / pool.

Greetings J W,

Thank you for your loyalty to NYLO Hotels and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to read that your stay with us was delightfully wonderful, please be assured that we have forward your kudos to the team. We are looking to enhance our clubNYLO program which is not a points reward program, but is a great program where you receive unexpected treats at check-in. Please stay tuned as we are always looking at ways to grow our loyalty program.

We hope see you again in the near future, and as always please feel free to contact us directly should you need future service.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I made a last minute, advance online, reservation Friday night for Saturday check-in at 3pm to suprise my husband for our anniversary. The front desk staff were cordial and friendly upon our arrival and gave us each a free drink ticket to celebrate! The room was chic and perfect for a romantic getaway. We had a courtyard view of the pool and fire pit that made the whole experience delightful! Can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: Any room facing the courtyard!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Good Day Charriso1,

Thank you for choosing NYLO Plano at Legacy to host your romantic getaway and for taking the time to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that yours and your husbands stay was wonderfully delightful.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was hesitent to book my stay at NYLO because they are not part of a large hotel chain and therefore I can't earn points. The cleanliness and unique-ness of this hotel changed my mind and I booked three more stays there. The rooms are ultra-modern and feature concrete floors and exposed pipes. They are super clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable.
I ate dinner in their bar/restaurant one night and had a chicken caesar salad. It was delish and very fresh. The bar tenders were also very friendly and made me feel welcome. I would highly recommend this hotel for any business traveler.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stay at this hotel a lot and find it to meet all my business needs. Very modern architectural with concrete unfinished walls in rooms but always comfortable and quite. Unique layout of rooms but very good for a traveler with out kids. Size reminds me of European hotels. Breakfast and bar are nice. Can take drinks outside into court yard. Very relaxing with fire place.

Room Tip: No room serve any more.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My[ wife and I have been here several times in the past few years. I found it on the internet and was curious, but after our first visit, I was hooked. Unlike some other reviewers, I have never had anything but positive experiences at the NYLO Legacy. I love the upscale feel all over the hotel and the modern appointments in the rooms and throughout the hotel, restaurant and the pool area. The location can't be beat as it is across the street from some of the best restaurants and eateries in the area and across the freeway from the Stonebriar Mall. If you join the online club, you can get email offers to special deals and promotional upgrades, etc. They are all about customer service and reviews, so let them know if there is anything they can do. I've never had a request that wasn't met. It is probably best suited for business travelers and/or couples, but was not kid-unfriendly by any means. I know they have a winner in this concept and in this hotel, in particular....you should go!!

Room Tip: IF you come in on a Friday night, and you're not a partier, ask for a room away from the pool ar...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Divinit
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Good Day Divinit,

Thank you for your loyalty to NYLO Hotels and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to read that your stay was wonderfully delightful. We grealy appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and our associates, please be assured that we have forward them to the team!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel itself was really interesting; modern, sleek decor inside and a great courtyard with a pool and fire feature. Our first night there was live entertainment in the courtyard. There was no entertainment the second night and so you might want to check when you are booking your room.
The negative for me was that due to the 20 ft ceilings the bathroom walls do not go to the ceiling and therefore there is no fan. The sitting area is right outside the bathroom door and so there is a privacy/modesty issue. The other problem with this is that if you use the bathroom in the night the light of course lights up the area where the bed is as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Plano at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Greetings Oklahoman71,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We strive to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests and I am pleased to read that your overall experience was delightful. I would like to apologize about the design of the bathroom walls, please be assured that I have forward your comments to our design team. We value our guest feedback and can only grow better as a brand when we recieve honest feedback from guests like yourself.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

Kindest Regards,