“Little Greek Gem”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our friends introduced us to this restaurant a few months ago and we popped in on a Sunday night recently. We started with the Taramosalata appetizer, which we found out is made from potatoes, garlic and caviar. It is a delicious appetizer that came with freshly made pita. For me, this is a real find and for $4.95, it is a generous portion for two. I had the Greek combo, that came with all the things I love - Dolma, spanakopita, souvlaki, broiled scampi and mousaka - and I took at least half of it home that I enjoyed the next day for lunch. My husband had the Athenian combo that came with lamb chops. He enjoyed every bit of his entree as well. The grilled shrimp that came with both of our combos was cooked and marinated to perfection. We were too full for dessert but definitely had a wonderful meal and will be back! Service is competent and the decor simple but nice.

1  Thank Jerri G

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Kostas at their Park and Preston location here in Plano for years now. The food and service is consistently excellent and the owner, Dmitri, is one of the nicest and smartest guys you will ever meet. Just last weekend after walking out the door, my wife commented on how Dmitri can talk about any subject from sports to politics in an educated manner.

If you are new to Greek food, try their Greek combo- excellent assortment including moussaka, dolmas, souvlaki and spanokopita (excuse me if my spelling is off a little on these) served with some of the best potatoes and green beans you will find anywhere. The dinner salad is also great.

If you're a beer drinker, ask your server for the Greek beer of the day. I learned real fast on my visits to Greece that the Greeks reallly know how to brew some great beer! And Dmitri will usually have one of the more popular Greek brands available.

All in all, a great quick trip to the Aegean without the cost!

2  Thank TravelingMan75093
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My brother took us there a few years back when we visited and we've always talked about it since. He and his wife go back for special occasions and we all wanted to go back this Easter vacation! Just as good... we had 3 orders of Saganaki! There were six of us, 3 ordered the Gyro plate and the other 3 ordered the Greek combo - all delicious!!:) We will be back next time we come to visit my brother and thereafter...

2  Thank peakibu
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Our party of nine was welcomed and well taken care of by the staff. A variety of appetizers and main dishes had us all sampling and savoring the delicious Greek dishes. The decor is cozy and warm - nice place to have dinner, especially for the appeal of a unique restaurant that is not part of a chain.

2  Thank TexasStarshine
Reviewed November 28, 2011

It is nice to eat @ a restaurant where you don't feel overly stuffed or have to get a take home bag. I eat at the Dallas, Texas, location, but had never tried the Plano location. I had the Dolmas (Appetizer menu) and a cup of lemon/egg soup. both were wonderful. If you like lemon juice, you will love these 2 dishes. They are tart, yet smooth. The soup has rice in it as well. The dolmas have ground meat. My table mates raved about the Greek salad.

2  Thank capitollover