Tripadvisor
Plano
Post
Inbox
Search

“Nice Sunday Afternoon Happy Hour”
Review of Kona Grill

Kona Grill
Reserve a Table
Thu, 2/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #86 of 1,191 Restaurants in Plano
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a California roll and a spicy shrimp roll with a glass of wine. Everyything was on the Happy Hour Menu so the bill was less than$30 for a nice Pinot Noir, and 2 excellent rolls. Great service made the experience. Its worth gpoing going back again.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (122)

Reviewed November 18, 2019

My wife and I had a late dinner at this restaurant in September 2019. It was nice that this restaurant is open late. The restaurant is in a shopping center and a little difficult to find at night. Plenty of parking. It appeared clean on the outside and inside. Nicely decorated on the inside. The staff was very friendly and quick to seat us and to take our order. I had the cheeseburger sliders and my wife had the miso sake sea bass. Both were excellent. The 3 cheeseburger sliders were way too much for me to eat. Prices were fairly typical or maybe just a little bit high for around this area. $13.00 for the sliders and $29.00 for the sea bass.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed June 17, 2019 via mobile

We all had good food. Salmon great, sushi also good, salads very good. The server was nice but did not know much. Train your servers. They should know what salad dressings u have. They should know what the side salad is. He also picked up our forks before the main entree.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019

We loved this restaurant when it opened but the menu is not inspiring. Food is ok but should be really great, especially with these prices. My poke bowl had really oily and fatty salmon with a fishy aroma...I wouldn't order it again.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019

We celebrated our friend's birthday in this restaurant. The setting is great with a cafe style outdoor seating looking over the street. The menu is a mix of different types of cuisines from the simple burgers to the sushi. For appetizers, we loved the shrimp tempura and the calamari. I wasn't really fond of the lettuce wraps, but I really enjoyed my Kona stir fry with shrimp. My friend said that her Kona chopped salad was very tasty, an another friend was ok with her club sandwich. We also ordered sushi, which wasn't to my best expectation. In general, we enjoyed our lunch, but the waitress, although very friendly, was very slow in delivering (The place wasn't packed, so that's no excuse!)

Date of visit: April 2019

Been to Kona Grill? Share your experiences!