“Great food, drinks and service”
Review of Mi Cocina

Mi Cocina
Ranked #15 of 935 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bishop
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Good, tasty Mexican American food. Good drinks, I had a frozen margarita. The restaurant was packed but we did not have to wait too long to be seated. We were a group of four adults and two children. The waitress was very nice and friendly.
We will be back to this place for sure.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our first time eating at this Mi Cocina location. Other locations have been excellent but this one at the Shops at Legacy had the worst service I have ever experienced. We were there nearly 2 hours and during that time never got glasses of water, had to wait 30 minutes for sodas and another 30 minutes for queso. The waiter made mistakes on 3 out of 4 orders so we had to wait even longer for corrections. I ordered the vegtarian fajotas and it was served to me without tortiallas. When I asked how I was supposed to eat fajitas without tortillas the waiter was confused. He said most people do not get tortillas. I never heard of that before so asked for some. That resulted in another long wait. We ate inside but there were flies buzzing around our table the entire time which was disgusting. I could not even find a manager to speak with about why the place was in such chaos. The food is tasty but the service unacceptable. We will never be back!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had been here in 2009 and remembered it as being good and loving the Mambo Taxi drink. When we were there at 5 pm the place was nearly empty-surprising. The service was a little slow and although there were free chip/salsa, the salsa was not fresh and wasn't very good. I felt it was pricey for just an adequate meal.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I will say a was surprised by the service here. We arrived with a table of ten and were seated promptly. I would say as good a server as I have ever had anywhere. Really, anywhere. The food was typical American Tex-Mex, but portions were large and flavorful. Never needed anything that the server had not already thought of ahead of time. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went to the Mi Cocina In Richardson Texas last night for an early Father's Day dinner with my Dad who is in his 70s. We arrived at 4:45pm. The restaurant was virtually empty - 3 tables were full. Our party of 5 was sat at a 6 top. Issues: 1) why would you sit a party of 5 at a 6 top with many 5-tops open? 2) even though the restaurant was empty, we were sat at the back near the "party room" which within 5 minutes of us being seated had 4 people noisily re-arranging tables and dragging chairs for......3) the PARTY of 13 elementary school boys and their parents who were ridiculously noisy. My father has a hearing aid and between sitting too far away from each other at a 6-top AND the child party, well he couldn't hear a thing. Good job MiCocina - keeping all the patrons in the back of an otherwise empty restaurant will keep us from returning.......

Been to Mi Cocina? Share your experiences!