“Clueless Hostess”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bishop
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went to the Mi Cocina In Richardson Texas last night for an early Father's Day dinner with my Dad who is in his 70s. We arrived at 4:45pm. The restaurant was virtually empty - 3 tables were full. Our party of 5 was sat at a 6 top. Issues: 1) why would you sit a party of 5 at a 6 top with many 5-tops open? 2) even though the restaurant was empty, we were sat at the back near the "party room" which within 5 minutes of us being seated had 4 people noisily re-arranging tables and dragging chairs for......3) the PARTY of 13 elementary school boys and their parents who were ridiculously noisy. My father has a hearing aid and between sitting too far away from each other at a 6-top AND the child party, well he couldn't hear a thing. Good job MiCocina - keeping all the patrons in the back of an otherwise empty restaurant will keep us from returning.......

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My friends took me to Mi Cocina for Dinner and initially I was very impressed. The restaurant had a a nice look and the hostess was nice and seated us quickly. The service was by far the worst part of my experience at Mi Cocina, to put it simply I was given the wrong plate and by the time my plate arrived, my friends had already finished eating. But I must say, the one Chicken Mole Enchilada I did get to eat at the restaurant was great! I would go back and order this same dish...but this time to go! I hope the service improves, it would have made it an even better experience.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Recently went to Plano on business and ate at Mi Cocina twice in 4 days. The Chicken Mole was out of this world but the other meal was forgettable. The margarita was good. Chips and salsa were fair. a little pricey.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Spent a great evening there with my American colleagues. I recommend going there as they do serve good food and nice drinks !

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a party of twelve for happy hour and heavy appetizers. Stayed three hours. The food & drinks were awesome, but the service was impeccable. Very attentive staff that catered to our requests before we knew to ask.