“Nothing special, nothing bad”

Magnuson Hotel Park Suites
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed two nights at this location for a business trip, because of its convenient location to my final destination. There is nothing particularly notable or bad about this hotel - everything was pretty much one would expect in a mid-range family-friendly hotel. Check-in and check-out were quick, although the staff aren't very talkative (but at least they were friendly). The suite was larger than expected, with a comfortable bed and sizable bathroom. Some touch-up work would be nice - a few cracks in the tiles are obvious, but other than that I didn't see any stains, mildew, etc. The only way to watch the tv was from the bed, which was ok, and the selection of stations was adequate. The walls are a bit thin - I could easily hear babies crying and folks walking around in adjoining rooms. The hot breakfast was sufficient - eggs, waffles, toast, sausages, etc. - and the coffee was better than expected. Parking is easily accessible and plentiful, Lots of restaurants in the area, ranging from fast food joints to a German restaurant just minutes away. My only complaint is the hotels location - it and other similar style hotels are not visible from the highway, and it took a bit of wandering to see how to get from Point A to Point B. However, once routes were understood, getting around by car was quick and easy. Supermarkets, clothing stores, and other shops are also just minutes away.

Room Tip: If you're an impatient type, you might want a first floor room, as the elevator is slow.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Park Suites Hotel for five nights in April for business. We stayed at a Best Western because of our stay at the Best Western Coconut Waikiki, which was fantastic. The hot complimentary breakfast was very good. This is one reason I stayed here. Included were eggs, waffles, bacon (sausage and ham on alternative days I believe), yogurt, fruit, pastries, cereal, toast, milk, juice, and coffee. The hot tub was nice. My son loves being in the water so this was a treat for him. The pool was not heated, so the water was too cold to go in. The business center, which is an area across the front desk, had two computers and a printer for your Internet needs. The Internet reception in the hotel room was pretty good. The staff was friendly. The elevator was slow going up to our floor and down to the lobby. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I will never stay at this location again. I visited this location on a business trip and stayed here believing I came across a great deal but was I wrong. I have visited Best Western hotels in different states in different areas of the city and usually the hotel will match the area of the city it's located in. I've stayed in Best Westerns located near airports that were contemporary and clean but this hotel was more like a Motel 6. As soon as I walked thru the doors there was a musty smell in there. The lobby appeared clean and was well organized. I went up an elevator that was very old and run down. As soon as I reached my floor, I had to squeeze thru the cleaning ladies carts, at 5:30pm!!!!, to get to my room. Did I mention there was a vapor vicks humidifier in the hallway throwing out steam and vapors?!!! I use the same humidifier when my kids are sick. My window had a circular white residue on it and the bed was extremely hard. As far as the furnishings, the photos on their website are accurate, the items are very outdated. I went to dinner offsite and tried to get the hotel issues out of my head. When I returned I realized the "Musty" Smell consumed me as soon as the lobby doors opened. Needless to say, I woke up every 2-3 hours thinking there was something on the bed.
If you don't mind outdated furniture, poor ventilation and not so great service then this could be a good deal. But for me, I will pay the difference to stay at a true 2.5 to 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank chivi1
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Very clean and friendly. Nice, small gym. Quiet after the dog left next door. Enjoyed our time there and will stay again when we go back to Texas.

Room Tip: Room was on the top (3rd floor). Nice location.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stopped by this hotel on my cross country trip and I got all I wanted: Right off the highway, free breakfast, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. I had a great night of sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This a nice hotel for a short or long term stay. The staff is very professional and very caring. i have been in this place for over 3 months and let me tell you, the staff makes you feel at home.. I like the fleibility of the rates (very reasonable) for long stays. Complementary breakfast is full and great. Waffles, bacon, eggs, cereal, juices and more.... very exelente! Happy hour is not bad free wine, beer, etc... great.

I enjoyed staying here very much. The staff is awsome!!!!!!

Room Tip: I have been in the 2nd and 3rd floors and never had a problem. Quiet, close to hwy 75
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank pbmoreno2728
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed here several times while house hunting, the last period was several weeks at this hotel.
Very clean, not anything like one of the reviewers said. The staff is among the best we've experienced in our travels. Great value and quality.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business