“great location & takes dogs”

Staybridge Suites Plano - Richardson Area
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The hotel is closest to our relatives who live nearby and is very good for the money as well as location. We bring two dogs [under 80 pounds] and keep them in crates at night to prevent any accidents; be aware that there is a $75 charge for pets. We usually book a 2 bedroom suite which is roomy enough for 3 adults and 2 dogs. It could hold more people as it comes with a king bed in one bedroom with bath, 2 double beds in another bedroom with bath, and a living area with kitchenette. I think the sofa in the living area may be a pull out bed but we didn't check it out since we didn't need it. It's a bit more expensive than booking 2 separate rooms, but we all get to be together. I think the beds are comfy enough and have no trouble falling asleep. I agree the walls are somewhat thin. The bathrooms are very clean as are the closets. There is free and ample parking. The hotel is located very near a Central Market grocery and other shopping; so in theory, you could have an extended stay here and save some money preparing your own food.

Speaking of food: Beware of the free breakfast: the breakfast area is designed poorly for traffic and there are not enough tables. The food is not particularly good but it draws a crowd. Due to its location, this hotel sometimes has large family groups who treat the hotel as if it were their very own large home [the kids run amok in the evening and morning].

When I stayed here last May, the hotel also offered some sort of free dinner meal but we didn't partake.

Overall, this hotel is really pretty good for the money, location and amenties.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2010

The staff is the absolute best! They went above and beyond, making sure we had all the blankets and pillows we needed. Called to veryify that we got what we needed. Did their best to track down rubber bands for my son. The staff is the only reason that the stay was tolerable.

The first disappointment was the room. We thought we were getting an actual suite; what we got was a large room. The pictures are definately not representative of this particular hotel. It was much larger than a normal hotel room but the whole reason we chose this hotel was so that we would have separate sleeping area's from my teenage boys. Instead, when the couch bed was pulled out, it was about a foot from the end of the bed. The a/c was so loud we were constantly having to turn the TV up and down as it went off and on. The walls are so thin when the people in the next room came in around midnight we could hear their whole convesation and I do not believe they were talking all that loudly (luckily the AC came on and drowned them out). We were right next to the elevator so also heard every person getting off and on. Also, when the A/C was on the room was very very humid and smelled musty. The sheets and blanket that were stored for the pull out were obviously put away and not washed from the previous user but we found out so late we didn't want to bother the staff-so the kids pulled off a sheet from one of the beds. If you have issues at all with your back I recommend you either skip this hotel all together or get enough pillows so that you can sleep on top of them. They weren't boards...but definately extremely hard and uncomfortable, even my teenager had trouble sleeping. After the first night I had to take a muscle relaxer luckily I figured out the pillow fix for the next night. The bathroom is a little tight getting in and out of as its small however, the shower was large, it had really good water pressure but a VERY loud fan that came on with the light.

As for the free breakfast. Just remember you do get what you pay for. They had "eggs" which I'm pretty sure were more like egg products. The first day the meat was some type of package breakfast ham the second day was a little better with sausauge; greasy hashbrown patty's (think fast food) the first day and second day some unidentifyable "hash" type product; canned peaches in heavy syrup (the second day was canned manderine oranges and fresh(ish) fruit); cottage cheese; cold boiled eggs (which I'm positive came out of a package); pound cake (why?). They did have a make your own waffle station, however, the waffle mix was prepoured into little cups that did not fill the waffle maker correctly, and using the waffle maker was a little hazardous as it tipped itself while trying to remove the waffle. It also cooked unevenly. They did have several different bread items, bagels, bread, english muffins which you could toast, hot oatmeal and four different cereals. Also had juices and coffee. Overall since its free its fine and you could definately get enough to eat...however it was slightly disappointing, as it all kinda had the air of being microwaved/packaged food.

The media room was great although we didn't get a chance to use it; the indoor pool was closed for maintenance which was just the luck of the draw I'm sure. I won't ever stay here again as the issue with the beds and the a/c is just too much to overcome. I wouldn't have minded it not being a suite if that was what I expected. The staff did try to upgrade me but they just didn't have anything available. I have definately stayed in worse hotels but this one does rank towards the bottom of my list.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Ronak_Kothari_Aquila, Marketing Manager at Staybridge Suites Plano - Richardson Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding your recent stay at the
Staybridge. We are pleased to hear that our staff extended every
opportunity to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Regarding your room, there are three types of suites; Studio, One Bedroom
and Two Bedroom. The One and Two Bedroom suites offer slightly larger
floor plans and have walls separating the bedroom from the living area and
kitchen.

We sincerely regret that there was noise coming from the air conditioner.
Our maintenance team has already reviewed the unit in that room and made all
necessary repairs. The comfort of our pillows is also of great concern and
we will take this opportunity to review alternative options.

Our breakfast buffet is an assortment of all different types of breakfast
options including scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, cereals, muffins,
fruits, waffles etc. Our breakfast is always quite popular with our
guests, but we obviously missed the mark during your stay. We will do all
possible to review these options and make changes where possible.

Again, we appreciate and are grateful for your business. Thank you for
taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We would welcome the
opportunity and privilege to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Great hotel for business travel. Staff was very accomodating and friendly. The hotel provided everything I needed and was kept very clean. I stayed a total of two weeks and I did not feel like I was in a hotel the whole trip. The only complaint I would have is the television sets in the rooms. They were very blurry and outdated for such an upscale hotel. Overall, great and I give it an A++++. And oh, Lisa was great as well! Very friendly and helfpul.

Reviewed September 24, 2010

First of all this is part of Holiday Inn. I love Holiday Inn. The Breakfast was one of the best food service and setup I've seen. The room was very very nice quite and comfortable. The staff (LISA) did everything she could to make things the best for our group. I do travel a bit I will stay at the Staybridge hotels every chance I get. Thank you for such a pleasant stay.

Yours Truly

Max Miller

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The evening reception has a lot of choices.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
The staff was excellent!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2010

I have stayed in the Staybridge Suites in Plano numerous times, and always had a great experience. The place is quiet, a little out of the way, and has all the amenities I need: Kitchenette, couch, internet, very roomy, free hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, that kind of thing, variety of fruit and juices, and free dinner on occasion. The staff, especially Lisa, is very friendly and helpful. This place gets two thumbs up in my book.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

We received excellent services. Lisa always checked me in and she is very helpful, friendly and gave us excellent services. All the personnel whom we worked with - i.e. Simeon, Christian, Paul and Kim gave us nothing but excellent services. The rooms are very clean and the food and wine is great.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson
Homewood Suites by Hilton North Dallas-Plano
aloft Plano
aloft Plano
#15 of 46 in Plano

Been to Staybridge Suites Plano - Richardson Area? Share your experiences!