“Great hotel for families and professionals”

Staybridge Suites Plano - Richardson Area
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Plano
Oklahoma
“Great hotel for families and professionals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

We combined our family vacation with a job-hunting trip last week, and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms and facilities are nice and clean. The complimentary breakfast had the best selection of any hotel I've ever stayed in. The kids loved the pool and basketball court. They even had a free laundry room, which I really needed after a few days away from home. Everything was above and beyond what we expected from a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

I recently moved to Big D from California. I travel a lot. I have to say that this was one of the best extended stay hotels I have stayed. The hotel is fairly new and in a great location. Best of all, it is very safe. There is an organic food place (Central Market), Sam's Club and Walmart - all within walking distance from the hotel.
They have a hot breakfast buffet every morning and dinner w/ different cuisines themes 4 days of the week. I just loved it :)
The rooms are incredible , immaculate and roomy. I like to cook. Their kitchen has granite counter tops, equipped with pots / pans, dishes, silverware, toaster oven, coffee maker, microwave , dishwasher and a full size refrigerator.
Their staff is very courteous, nice and very friendly. I traveled with my parents during this trip. Terry Fischer , the General Manager made sure all my accommodation needs were fulfilled. Every now and then, Terry would stop by in the morning for a friendly chat and made sure I was having no problems with my stay. I liked the personal touch. It made me feel at home.
The entire hotel is equipped with WiFi. You can practically be online from almost anywhere inside the hotel. Excellent feature!
There is a BBQ grill, a theater room w/ big screen TV where you can play your own DVDs, a swimming pool with a jacuzzi area, a personal gym, free laundry facility and a half basket ball court.
-Andy

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Northridge ca 91343
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

We were in Dallas to visit 100 year old aunt. We stayed at the Staybridge Suites and had the 2 bedroom suite. They are beautiful, you have living area and also have your own room and bath. They are very modern and have everything you need. The staff are very friendly and see to all your needs. The breakfast was great. We really enjoyed our stay. Keep up the great work. One of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
portland, or
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

I travel alot and I have to say although I was expecting a nice, clean hotel upon my arrival - this hotel was far and above that. It was so nicely appointed - everything from the lobby to the rooms were beautifully designed and everything was so well laid out. The whole place was incredibly clean and all of the details were thought of. Every staff member I came across was extremely helpful and accomodating. There's also a half basketball court, indoor pool and spa, bbq and courtyard, theater room and the food and beverage service was beyond my expectations as well. I really can't say enough nice things about this hotel and it's staff, they truly far exceeded my expectations. There are alot of hotel choices in Dallas and I'm so grateful I found this one....I won't stay anywhere else in the future.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

Everything about our stay at the Staybridge Suites was absolutely wonderful. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. We had 4 adults in our group, and had a 2 bedroom suite, with a kitchen and sitting room. The complimentary breakfast was great and had a very good selection. I would recommend that anyone staying in the North Dallas area choose the Staybridge.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Palestine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

This is a really great place to stay. The rooms are large, the kitchen is nice to have for eating in. They offer a really nice breakfast and sundowner (evening meal). I have been pack again this month and hope to return when needing to stay in the area. Rena Bennett

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Amarillo, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

If you want kind, caring, personal attention and a wonderful place to stay that is ideally located the Staybridge Suites at 301 Silverglen in Plano is THE place to go.
They have all of the amenities that suite hotels have plus so much more. The kitchen is ready to go with cookware, plates, silverware, fridge, microwave, toaster oven, cook top and a full-sized coffee maker (not those tiny ones that most places offer). They’ve cut not one corner to see to it that their guests have every comfort of home with all of the pluses of a lovely hotel. They serve a wonderful breakfast and supper Mon.-Thursday complete with wine and beer on tap, all included with your suite’s price. The rooms are big and sumptuous and the beds are really comfy. Every counter top (even the window sills) are granite. They’ve spared no expense in making sure that every little detail was thought about and followed up on. How they can offer all of this with such reasonable rates is beyond me, but please give the Staybridge Suites a try!! You will not be disappointed, I promise!! They allow pets with a smaller than most pet fee.
Now for the good part (as if the above isn’t enough): their people! I’ve traveled world-wide and stayed in the finest hotels and have never been treated like I was treated during my stay at the Staybridge Suites. To a person, everyone was kind, thoughtful, caring, and gave such personal attention it was as if they were all my new best friends.
I was there under not such wonderful circumstances. I originally had reservations at the Marriott Residence in Dallas Plano who, upon my arrival, informed me that neither me, my 87 year old mother, nor my dog were welcome there. They had already sold my room when I arrived at noon (check in time is 3pm). I had a confirmation number (I’d made the reservations weeks before), but, apparently confirmation numbers are meaningless at the Marriott Redisence Inn Dallas Plano. I was informed that I was now going to be staying at the Staybridge Suites. I was not pleased, but even the manager whom I spoke with was immovable, so off I went. When I arrived at the Staybridge Suites, I was warmly greeted with huge apologies for what the Marriott had done to me (like it was their fault??). They said they were going to do everything they could to turn this bad situation around and that is exactly what they did.
I was there to take my dog to the surgeon, so fear was emotion of the day. Everyone at the Staybridge, from the General Manager to the Front Desk clerk bent over backwards to help me. They helped with luggage (which is not their job), got me a beautiful 2 bedroom suite and changed me to another 2 bedroom suite the day I picked my dog up so he wouldn’t have to walk so far to go outside (can you believe that??), they constantly asked about my dog, my mother, me, and hugs and winks were freely given…constantly!!
It sounds ridiculous, but leaving made me a bit weepy. My stay at the Staybridge Suites was, truly, one of those “moments in time” and proved to me that there is still a lot of good in the world regardless of how the Marriott Residence Inn Dallas Plano chooses to behave!
I highly recommend the Staybridge Suites at 301 Silverglen in Plano. I cannot express my gratitude to them for their many kindnesses and their lovely hotel. I’ll definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson
Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway at Preston Road
Magnuson Hotel Park Suites

Been to Staybridge Suites Plano - Richardson Area? Share your experiences!