Overall very comfortable well decorated rooms that feel like a home rather than a hotel. Beds are very comfortable indeed with a nicely positioned large flat screen right adjacent. I'm giving 3 stars as there were some minor things that could just so easily have been improved upon.
- specifically asked for a room "away from the elevators" when I arrived at 9:35pm and was given a room immediately adjacent to the elevator bank. I would have complained but given there are no places to eat open after 10pm I was faced with the needless dilemma:
- move rooms taking up to 10 minutes
- eat dinner
(but not both). I chose to eat.
That said the rooms were relatively quiet and well sound proofed, apart from some pipe knock at 6am when someone took a shower.
Location wise you are in the middle of nowhere. There is a mall with the occasional restaurant that is open until 10pm. I ate at a steak and sushi place - one of the only choices - which was 2 minutes walk away and the food was good/not too expensive. (The hotel only serves breakfast, not lunch or dinner).
WiFi was free but coverage patchy depending on what part of the room you were in. In the evening it didn't work at all. Thankfully all was OK in the morning.
Breakfast was OK - buffet with scrambled eggs, bacon, Belgian Waffle maker looked good, some healthy options. Wasn't impressed by a staff member coughing without covering their mouth as they walked through the area during flu season.
Rooms have small kitchens with granite counter tops and even a dishwasher!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Plano Richardson, conveniently located at the Coit Road exit off the George Bush Turnpike in North Dallas between Plano and Richardson. Staybridge Suites offers business travelers, families and groups, a comfortable and affordable place to stay. We are just minutes away from several companies including Alcatel Lucent, Tektronix, Atmos Energy, Lennox, Dell, Service Experts, AT&T, Tri Quint, State Farm, and The University of Texas at Dallas. If you prefer shopping at your favorite store, enjoying food courts and restaurants, or other entertainment options, Collin Creek and Willow Bend malls offer complete fun filled experiences for everyone. Whether you are in the Dallas area for a weekend or an extended stay, our suites offer a comfortable, safe and friendly atmosphere, with all the amenities for an enjoyable visit. At Staybridge Suites, we will provide you with everything you need for an extremely comfortable stay. From our spacious living quarters to our complimentary shuttle service and daily hot breakfast, our mission is to make Staybridge Suites your home away from home. When traveling to the Plano Richardson area, you want to be confident your accommodations will meet your every need. The Staybridge Suites has been meticulously created to do just that. No hassles. No mysteries. Just an extraordinary experience where we focus on you! *Fees apply per pet , non-refundable ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Staybridge Suites Plano - Richardson Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Plano - Richardson Area Hotel Plano
- Plano Staybridge Suites