“Really good Italian!”

Nicola's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicola's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 961 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bishop
Description: Welcome to Nicola's Ristorante Italiano, the award-winning restaurant in Plano's The Shops at Legacy. You will love our authentic, hand-crafted Italian cuisine. We use centuries old recipes handed down in the old country for generations. All pasta is hand-made on site, sauces are created from scratch, we bake our own bread in our wood-burning oven and groceries are delivered twice a day to insure market-fresh ingredients. The only freezer we have in the kitchen is for gelato! Relax in the whimsical, sophisticated design which includes an active bar and adjoining lounge, private, high-backed booths, curtained nooks for romantic dinners and seating on the mezzanine overlooking all the action below. Our popular patio areas out front and to the side are delightful for happy hour, lunch or dinner dining, or simply the best people watching in town.
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend Nicolas if you are interested in having a good Italian meal. I had the salmon - delicious. The veggies were yummy. The bruschetta was yummy too. Check it out.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my third time dining here and the third time was not a charm. This restaurant is visually pleasing. The patio makes for a nice dining setting as well. My issues are with the disconnects on the menu and the quality of the food for the price. For example, the menu boasts many after dinner digestivos which are traditionally available in Italian restaurants. I asked for a very common aperitivo (Martini and Rossi Bianco) and it wasn't available, never mind that the waiter had no idea what I was asking for. For dinner I ordered Orrecchiete con Salsiccia. This is a pasta dish with sausage and broccolini priced at $18. The dish had clearly been made in advance rather than to order. The sausage was overcooked and hardened and the broccolini was overcooked to the point of being mushy and darkened in color. I'm just saying at $18 for pasta that costs $2 for a whole box retail, the least they could do was sauté the toppings to order and serve a freshly made entree. I'm not usually so harsh in my reviews but this was not acceptable in my opinion. I rated it average because it's an attractive setting in a good location. However, I will never recommend the food.

1  Thank deenmachine
Reviewed March 2, 2013

After a long hiatus from being one of my fav hang outs, they have a new chef and new staff and it's worth trying again. The food is really great, atmosphere is always good especially the outdoor patio. My opinion, the best in Plano/Frisco (save Patrizio's patio). Glad this place is back on track!

1  Thank David P
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The atmosphere is wonderful, prices reasonable, and the food is awesome! Waitress was very effecient and friendly - very knowledgeable about the menu.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had dinner there on a week night, 6 in our group. Atmosphere was pleasant, easy to hear everyone at the table. The service was very inattentive, took forever to be asked for our drink order. After our waiter pretty much ignored us, I was able to catch his attention to order appetizers. We had to ask if there were any specials that night, he didn't seem to want to talk about the menu at all. I could maybe overlook the awful service if they were busy but it was fairly empty that evening. The food was okay but no real "wow" factor, based on the menu I was expecing more, kind of typical and it seemed over priced for what we had, I've had much better other places. Not everyone in our group was even asked about ordering a dessert, he started around the table and then walked off before he had finished. I think there are much better places in the area for dinner.

1  Thank robin02907