“Awesome pizza place”

Taverna Rossa - Craft Pizza & Beer
Ranked #1 of 11 Nightlife in Plano
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been going here for so many years now. Excellent pizza, bbq sliders, metaballs and of course the beer.. bees knees pizza . Latin pig was good but they changed it to scorcher(chicken ). Only place i goto on a lazy day. Must try...

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"server"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

We stopped by here about 6 months ago while we were looking for somewhere else. It was amazing. Didn't think about it for a few months until we were craving a perfect thin crust pizza. Then I couldn't remember the name or the exact location.. so next time we were up north we drove up and down Preston till we found it again! And believe me it's worth the search. It is in the back part of the buildings, but the sign is out front. Both this time and last we had a salad for the table, the farmhouse salad ( I think ) and a pizza that was half supreme and half bar b q beef! Service is wonderful ask for Henry (Hank) and enjoy! One one thing I would change, have it closer to us in Dallas. Will be back!

Reviewed March 7, 2017

It is a contemporary style Italian pizza joint. We pretty much get almost the same thing every time wings - salad - pizza (it is my favorite thin crust style). All of which are very good. I love the fact that they have craft beers. We try to schedule our visits early because they do get busy. The only down side is that it is a little pricey. But the family likes this place enough it is our go to pizza restaurant.

Reviewed January 9, 2017

We stopped here late one night for a quick bite. Their beer selections were great! Also had their homemade sangria...delicious! Tried a few pizzas. Being originally from NY, they were a bit eclectic, but delicious nonetheless. Tried the Smokey Pie, The Bee's Knees and Queen Margarita. All good. And I understand from some locals that the warm Taverna Pretzel is a must...so we did. Good too (how badly can you screw up a big warm pretzel, right??). I'd go back again...
BTW, our server Holly was great! Thanks Holly for your patience at that late hour...

See more reviews
Reviewed December 19, 2016 via mobile

We recently visited this place for Sunday brunch. There were very few tables occupied but it still took 15 minutes to get a cup of coffee, and then it was in an oversized styrofoam cup. The server (waitress) was incredibly inattentive to our table and we had to search out someone else to get refills on coffee. The deviled egg appetizer was quite good and came out in a reasonable time. The breakfast pizzas were good though not great and were served lukewarm and only after waiting almost half an hour (in an uncrowded restaurant). One of the items we ordered came out 15 minutes after everything else (the manager did apologize and take it off the bill.). In over an hour our server only came by the table 3 times.
All in all a very disappointing visit. I cannot in good conscience recommend this place to anyone.