“Small, quaint farm museum”

Heritage Farmstead Museum
Ranked #6 of 43 things to do in Plano
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Heritage- Farmstead Museum was very small, but entertaining. I found it through Groupon and decided it'd be something different/new for my significant other and me to do. The staff was very welcoming since the moment we got there and they were all extremely knowledgeable about the grounds, the history, and even the animals.

Though it wasn't mind-boggling and interesting to the furthest extent, it was enough. It kept us entertained and taught us a lot about the area we live in that we never knew before. I moved from Philadelphia/NJ not long ago, so it was a much different and younger history of something I don't hear much about.

We were told about a public tour in the building, but we arrived at 11AM because I had work at 2PM we couldn't do the 1:30PM tour in the buildings. I was disappointed, but it was enough. When we went to leave, she offered to put on a movie for us which we watched and enjoyed. Amazing staff, I really appreciated their help and courteousness!

3  Thank Kyle F

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a great place to take kids (or anyone) and give them a taste of earlier times. Lots of hands-on activities make learning fun.

2  Thank BethKDfw_Tx
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Very nice outing for the family. The staff is very well informed and make it educational and fun.

2  Thank trekasue
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We are letterboxers and the museum has allowed a great letterboxer to place items to be found. It was a great way to spend a family day. To find out more about letterboxing do an internet search or go to http://letterboxing.org/

1  Thank Kerry O
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Great events and programs for our Girl Scouts. Take a step back in time :)

1  Thank shawntellscott