“GREAT food! Would have given 5 "stars" but......”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Romano's Macaroni Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 988 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed September 9, 2013

As always, Macaroni Grill has excellent food. Visited this one and have a "warning" for those paying with debit cards or credit cards. When paying for your ticket, the Plano restaurant will add the amount of your ticket and "preauth" a certain amount at swiping. I had a debit card that I wanted to go ahead and use up as much of the balance that I had on it, which was $14.86 The ticket came to $13.70 The waitress came back and said the card declined it. I was able to pay with my usual card and then went to call American Express about my debit card. I was told by them that they tried to run thru an amount that was bigger than the ticket price I quoted them. They tried running $15 thru, and, of course, since I was a bit shy of $15, it was declined. Because of this, I was dinged $5 I called the restaurant and the manager I guess either didn't know the terminal was set up to automatically add a percentage to the ticket or was mad that I found it out. He offered me a $5 gift certificate I think just to get me off the phone.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great food, great service, and not excessively noisy. We were able to maintain a conversation with our friends in an enjoyable atmosphere.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had fun taking a friend for her first visit. We ordered the Nachos Nappoli from the appetizer menu, and then our main lunch of spaghetti and ricotta meat balls and lasagna. Again, we ate way too much and still took enough home for a pleasant reminder later. Wait staff so friendly. And I love the quiet way the waiter sings happy birthday in Italian quietly at tableside if asked. Pleasant to listen and not that horrible handclapping and yelling that goes on most places. Thank you Mac Grill for respecting the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had 12 in our party and called ahead and they were ready for us when we arrived. Service was good and the food was good, but I have had better when I was there before, maybe I had an off night.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have visited several times, and find the service to be very good, and the food predictably good. There is also a good happy hour in the bar area. Salads are very good, and entrees sized to send you home with leftovers!