“Chicken Picata is Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #118 of 865 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plano, Texas
“Chicken Picata is Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I don't know how Mac Grill can always get such great servers! The food is great, but the service is even better.

Visited November 2011

Rancho Mirage
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My meals at Macaroni Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

The locale was beautiful, the food is as always good and the service outstanding.

Visited December 2011
Rockwall, Texas
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Arrived for dinner around 5 pm. Only 2 tables were occupied but had to waited 5 mins to be seated as there was no staff member in sight. Ordered artichoke potato cakes and shrimp caponata from tapas menu. Potato cakes were very good, caponata forgetable. Mussels were ok but 3 out of 12 were not opened and couldn't be eaten. Pasta di Mare was bland. Ordered cannoli for desert and waited 15 min for it to come. When it arrived it was in a take out box even though I had not requested to take it home. No coffee was offered. The staff appeared disinterested and disappeared for long periods, tables were left uncleared when diners left. The final bill was $56 with two drinks. Way too much for such a poor meal and service. Would not go back.

• Visited November 2011
Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Sorry--But This Restaurant Is Not Keeping Pace”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants. We are re-thinking now though after this lat visit. The place could not have been over 25% full when we left after having lunch on a Sunday. The service was not all that good and we had to ask time and time again for something, like "please refill our tea glasses" or "could we have some more brad. We just feel that a waiter should not be required to be ask. The portions have been reduced significantly and the prices have all risen a dollar or two. Couple the reductions and the price increases and I',m not that keen of eating her again. The surprise though is the small number of customers the place has. In years past it would have been full on a Sunday by noon time. Rest rooms are clean and the food is actually very tasty.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank texaswillie
Dallas
“dry chicken parmesean, dry lasagna, barely any sauce on anything”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

I went there for my birthday dinner, my choice. I wish I had read the reviews because I left hungry. It was as if McDonalds had waiters. That was the quality of the food. The kitchen has a lot to learn about food preparation and food service. The waiter was superficially nice but certainly didn't care to ask if everything was okay when I barely touched my food. I'm sure he probably just didn't want to deal with the answer. It's not his fault the food is awful.

2 Thank tink426