“Not worth the wait or the price of food”

Love & War In Texas
Ranked #44 of 991 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The waitress was rude and their is no way this food was worth the wait and price. Our bill was 90 $ for 3 people that ordered under 8 dollar prices , with no beer or wine, the waitress tried to add her own tip.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were on a quick trip to the Dallas area and looking for lunch. We just happened to drive past Love & War in Texas so we decided to try it. The whole experience was enjoyable. The atmosphere is very Texan - rustic and wooden! The food was great. I had the Brisket Tacos and I have to say, that was the best chopped brisket I have ever tasted! Loved the flavor combination with the onions and jalapenos - warning - it was HOT!. I had to take most of the jalapenos off:) I am glad we happened upon this restaurant and would love to go there again next time we pass through!

1  Thank Michielev
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Love and War in Texas is one of my favorite restaurants in all north Texas. The menu is a tour across our great state. The staff is attentive and friendly each visit. The food is excellent without exception and the bar well stocked. Those huge $3 drafts? That's what we call a Texas shot glass. The atmosphere is pure Texas and if you dine on a night with a band, the music will make your evening. Some years ago, I hosted a business conference dinner out for over 100 guests from 11 nations. It was the biggest success of the week thanks to the tireless dedication of the entire waitstaff. This is Texas!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The server offered tips on what to eat and drink and was right on. We loved all of our meals. Our server was personable and the food was delicious.

1  Thank Coolerthanlegos
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'd heard of this place from a few people, so my family and I tried it out. Pretty good! Reasonable prices, food is good, atmosphere is good, and the waiter was very good. It's not 5 star food, but then again, it's just a good ol' Texas place with Texas food. Good for families and I think it turns into a country type bar after dark.

Best things.....huge menu, good food, very friendly service, not bad prices, and big portions.

1  Thank drdave75