“Steak Dinner”
Review of Jasper's

Jasper's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jasper's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 888 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Legacy
Description: Jasper's serves award-winning gourmet backyard cuisine in an atmosphere of casual elegance. Enjoy unique and unsurpassed dishes that reflect in our "Gourmet Backyard" cuisine. Our Scratch Kitchen focuses on the best of America's regional cuisine, including wood-grilled pizzas, prime steaks, seafood, salads and desserts, Jasper's service, style and décor all work together to create an unforgettable culinary experience.
White Plains, New York
“Steak Dinner”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

So, I was looking forward to a Texas steak dinner, I was disappointed. It was a happening place,(Saturday Night) busy so I sat at the bar, the bartender was very nice. I ordered the flat iron steak, med/rare, came out more rare than anything, it also lacked flavor. Staff was very friendly, called a cab for me, but I could have probably spent my money better. I didn't check TripAdvisor first...

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Storm003

Plano, Texas
“Al's Review”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant is an excellent place to have drinks BEFORE dinner, relax and then enjoy a GREAT meal! I recommend Jasper's for either a "family dinner" or a "romantic evening" with your "significant other."

• Visited July 2013
Plano, Texas
“jaspers at legacy”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

last time we eat there the food was "normal" Nothing special But the price was special. Not in balance with each other. I will not visit it again I know better places for that money.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Myriam D
Ivrea, Italy
“Nice "american" apetizers”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Rich apetizers choice and interesting menu. The environment is very nice. Round tables give intimacy to large groups (we were about 8). Gr8 wine and beer list. Stake was fresh but too many spices covered its taste, if you want gr8 texas stakes I would not reccomend Jasper's. If you like potatoes in melted cheese, crab salads, etc... go for it.

Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas (relocated from NY, Boston)
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I used to be a regular and Jasper's used to be great. The ambiance and location is still good. The food quality has gone WAY down and i find I am a quite insulted by the quality vs price.

The homemade blue cheese chips used to be decadent and wonderful. They have replaced the melted blue cheese on the chips with some sort of sauce, with just a few blue cheese crumbles sprinkled over. It was served completely cold, with cold sauce. We commented about it nicely, and they replaced it with a warmer version, but it was still a sauce drizzle and a few unmelted crumbles of cheese. Tasty, but unremarkable and overpriced. It was like a chain restaurant "fast food" rendition of what the dish used to be, but without the fast food prices.

We were in a hurry this evening, so after a couple of cocktails we ordered previously favorite salads to go. The salads were packaged as piles of lettuce in a box, with very few toppings and a small container of dressing on the side (we did not ask for a decomposed salad). Again, extremely over priced and poor quality. The Caesar was literally a pile of dark green, limp outer romaine leaves (not the nice sweet, crunchy heart), with a very sparse sprinkle of dried powdered cheese, about 4 unremarkable small croutons and a tiny container of dressing on the side... for $11.

I feel this restaurant is completely neglected. I am a fan of the chef who owns and started this restaurant, but he needs to pay some attention to this place or sell it off as a cocktail bar with mediocre food. The food is not at all up to his standards.

• Visited October 2013