“Bob's is my favorite!”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 888 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bishop Road
Plano
“Bob's is my favorite!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been going to Bob's in Dallas for over 15 years. When they opened on much closer to my house in Plano, I became a more frequent patron. I love almost all cuts of beef; however, the 16 oz filet at Bob's is, by FAR, the best filet I have ever tasted. In fact, at one point I decided that I wanted to truly settle this claim so I set out on a quest in an attempt to find a better filet. Of course I hit all of the high end restaurants in Dallas and, while I had some great filets, none compared to the 16oz cut at Bob's. I should point out that most restaurants simply don't have a 16 oz and those that did, usually were bone-in or carried part of the chain. So, in all fairness I was unable to really do a true perfect comparison. The Bob's filet has the perfect sear on the outside, an incredible marble on the inside, and you can literally cut it with a fork (I order my steaks rare+ so not sure if a more cooked version would do the same). I will also add that their entrees come with two sides (a glazed carrot and a potato selection that can be substituted) so while a steak might seem a little higher there, you don't get hit with high priced a la carte sides and if you have ever been to Ruth's Chris or just about any other high end steak restaurant you know what I am talking about. For an appetizer, I highly suggest the gorgonzola lamb chops...absolutely amazing. We also love their blue cheese wedge and their mushrooms. Creme brulee is one of our favorites as well. The only thing I can say is a con is that their wines are a bit over-priced IMO.

Visited August 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Tasty”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Food and wine was very good. We had no complaints about the service. My only dislike was that we requested a romantic table, but were seated right in the middle of the restaurant.

Visited July 2012
Liege, Belgium
“Great filet mignon and American wines”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great filet mignon and American wines. My steak was simply awesome.

• Visited June 2012
Plano, Texas
“Special Occaision Go To”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Bob's is a very nice special occaision restaurant - I am from New Orleans and food is my hobby and Bob's is one of the best whole experience places in Dallas - I have been to much more expensive and highly recommended but Bob's is still better than most. It is not inexpensive but it is worth the money for a special occaision.

Visited March 2012
“All you can eat and more”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great place. Great atmosphere. Steaks were awesome. Service was very good and helpful.

Visited June 2012

Been to Bob's Steak & Chop House? Share your experiences!