“Our favorite fish resturant in TEXAS”

Fishmonger's Seafood Market
Ranked #156 of 1,027 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We use to live close to this restaurant and would eat there once a month for six years. Moved away fourteen years ago and when back in January 2014 and they still had our favorite dish on the menu. It tasted just a good as it did back when we lived there. Gary was our server and he had just started working there in 2000. We recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We went on a Sunday afternoon. The lunch menu is active seven days a week until 4 PM. The offerings are almost identical to the regular menu. The serving sizes are smaller, but it was perfect for me. It was a little larger than a deck of cards. The service was wonderful, but the patrons were ill-mannered. They were loud and traveled from table to table. I felt like I had crashed a church social. They offer a few all-you-can-eat dishes. I had the salmon with a cream sauce. It was melt in your mouth good. I will return, but I will not expect to have a quiet conversation and enjoy the "on the beach" ambience.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Fishmonger's since the early 1980s. It used to be in the strip center behind its current location. They relocated to the old Chili's location near the corner of Park and 75. You never went to Fishmonger's for the decor, ambience or an attentive staff. None of that has changed. The decor is dated. The staff is lacking in training. The food though, was still fantastic after all these years.

My Mexican shrimp cocktail was super fresh, the shrimp were huge, the sauce was appropriately spicy, and served ice cold. The seafood gumbo was very good and the shrimp tortilla soup is still legendary. Both were generous portions for the prices charged. There were four different entrées ordered at our table and all four plates went back clean. The blackened redfish is and was always perfectly prepared. It has a nice crispy, peppery crust from being cooked in a cast-iron pan. Lemon served on the side to give it just that perfect splash of tart. Never too greasy or buttery. There was also a grilled salmon with a basil cream sauce that was fantastic. We also had a Pontchatrain Mahi Mahi that was out of sight. The last entrée was a crawfish etouffee that was stellar. All entrées were served with sides that were equally impressive.

Can't forget their signature bread pudding. It was fantastic as always.

I think the only other restaurant that has survived as long as Fishmonger's in Plano is Poor Richard's Cafe. That's quite a testament in that competitive restaurant market.

I remember coming to Fishmonger's my first time in the early 80s and thinking how happy I was to find a quality seafood restaurant not near the ocean. It hasn't changed.

The food IS still the reason.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We have always heard good things about Fishmongers so we decided to try it. It was not at all what we expected. Dated decor, boring food presentations, and high menu prices. I honestly expected Robert Irvine to walk in and do an episode of restaurant impossible. My husband liked his fried fish plate, but my grilled tilapia was awful. I couldn't even finish it. Two entrees and two teas, with tax & tip was over $40! That's a lot for the quality of food, and that it was just thrown on cheap plates.

The wait staff is extremely nice and service is fast.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Every meal I've ever had here was great, but I can't get over how good their caesar dressing is - the best I've ever tasted. Top it with blackened salmon and you have a great meal.
Service is prompt and attentive. The place is spotless. Lots of daily specials and the food is always perfectly cooked. Love this place.