“As good as I remembered”

Fishmonger's Seafood Market
Ranked #149 of 991 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I moved from Dallas to Colorado 17 years ago and this was a regular stop when I lived there. It was a welcome surprise to find it was in the same location and still serving the same great fresh seafood and sides. Try the bread pudding, it is the one thing that I have never been able to match at any other restaurant.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

There selection of fish was great but the food was really just okay and the service was just blah. For all the hype of rewards in its day I guess it has let it's standards slide.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

We have been going here for many years and never disappointed. The salmon with basil cream sauce is excellant, a must try. Also, they make the best BURGER in town!! Bread pudding very good if you like sweet. This is our favorite and most frequently visited place. We travel a lot, and always happy to get home to the tasty food at Fishmonger's.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

We had not eaten at Fishmongers in a couple of years so we decided to try lunch. The restaurant was not busy but then not many are in today's economic low times. We stuck with the lunch menu and I had fried oysters even though I know it's a month past oyster season. The oysters were rather good and the price was fantastic. The french fries were soggy and apparently cooked in old grease. My partner has fried catfish which she advised was OK but not great. Her fries were also soggy. The service was excellent. The interior of the restaurant is beginning to show a lot of wear and tear. The seat cushion in the booth where we were seated had a 8 inch section fo the vinle missing.

Reviewed July 3, 2009

Fish, shrimp, oysters, delicious. Lunch menu suitable quantity;
dinner menu too filling. Can be noisy even at slow times. Try to find
a quiet spot. The wait staff is laid back--that's not necessarily a
complaint--mostly they leave you alone but check back with
water, napkins, etc. if you want it. Dinner menu can be pricey,
nothing under $12.00. The bread pudding is good but very sweet.
Try the key lime pie.