“Very good”

Cuisines: Greek
Anchorage, Alaska
“Very good”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The entrees were reasonably priced and good sized. The appetizers were on the small size but the dessert was a good portion and inexpensive. Overall the food was fresh and, if I lived in the area, I would return. The service was very good.

• Visited July 2013

Plano, Texas
“I've been eating here for 8 years - always excellent!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Zorba's is near my work, and I regularly treat clients to lunch there for the last 8 or so years. In fact I have many clients who regularly request Zorba's every time they work with me! This is my favorite restaurant in Plano not just because of the awesome food, but also because of the great service. The owners/managers always seem to stop by the table to make sure everything is just right. The wait staff are friendly and courteous, and many have actually lived in Greece. My favorites are the Gyros salad, and (if I'm really hungry) the Gyros platter. Their daily specials are always good too - I recently tried Lemon Tilapia. Their Dolmades make for a great starter. If you like real authentic Greek food and are in Plano, you should eat here. They have never disappointed me in 8 years or patronage!

• Visited July 2013
Plano, Texas
“Don't eat the skirt steak”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants and eat here at least once a month. They have recently began offering skirt steak as a special. Two weeks ago, it was very tender and wonderful; yesterday not so much. It was tough and probably overcooked.
Old adage: restaurant should stick to what they know best. Stick with lamb or chicken kabobs and souvlaki. They were excellent and they are what brings us back time and again.

1 Thank nat1225
Wichita, Kansas
“Good homemade greek food with great service”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and me were trying to find somewhere new to try and this place was close to our hotel so decided to try it. I had the greek chicken salad and my husband had the lamb pita. Both were good but to me the case of homemade desserts are the best thing here! We split the lemon cake and it was better than any we've had. Our waiter was very friendly and suggested a "greek" dipping sauce for my husband's fries.

“Delicious Greek food”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I visited Greece over 30 years ago and loved the Greek food. Zorba's in Plano, TX has terrific food. My friend and I went on a weeknight and enjoyed the Zorba's and Vegetarian Platters. Zorba's included original gyros, souvlaki, sausage, pastitsio or moussaka, and tzatziki and pita. The Vegetarian came with a Greek salad plus a platter of spanakopita, dolmas, falafel, hummus and tzatsiki and pita.

The gyros were very well seasoned and delicious. I have never had bad gyros in the states. I had the lamb souvlaki and it was the best I have had. It did not taste "lamby" but had a nice good taste. I have never had good mousakka here in the states so I tried the Pastitsio. It was okay but not that great. The spanakopita was very good as well as the falafel and hummus. The dolmas had more grape leaves than rice so was not too good. They had great tzatziki sauce and pita. I had some leftover pita and they heated up very well in the oven. Overall the food was terrific. If you have never tried greek food, go and try it. You can't miss with gyros. Happy eating.