“Good homemade greek food with great service”
Review of Zorba's Gyros

Zorba's Gyros
Ranked #41 of 935 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and me were trying to find somewhere new to try and this place was close to our hotel so decided to try it. I had the greek chicken salad and my husband had the lamb pita. Both were good but to me the case of homemade desserts are the best thing here! We split the lemon cake and it was better than any we've had. Our waiter was very friendly and suggested a "greek" dipping sauce for my husband's fries.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I visited Greece over 30 years ago and loved the Greek food. Zorba's in Plano, TX has terrific food. My friend and I went on a weeknight and enjoyed the Zorba's and Vegetarian Platters. Zorba's included original gyros, souvlaki, sausage, pastitsio or moussaka, and tzatziki and pita. The Vegetarian came with a Greek salad plus a platter of spanakopita, dolmas, falafel, hummus and tzatsiki and pita.

The gyros were very well seasoned and delicious. I have never had bad gyros in the states. I had the lamb souvlaki and it was the best I have had. It did not taste "lamby" but had a nice good taste. I have never had good mousakka here in the states so I tried the Pastitsio. It was okay but not that great. The spanakopita was very good as well as the falafel and hummus. The dolmas had more grape leaves than rice so was not too good. They had great tzatziki sauce and pita. I had some leftover pita and they heated up very well in the oven. Overall the food was terrific. If you have never tried greek food, go and try it. You can't miss with gyros. Happy eating.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch today. We haven't been to Zorba's in the past year and were curious if the food was as good as last time. Well, it was marvelous. We had tzatziki and flat bread for an appetizer while waiting for our gyros. The bread was warm and fresh, and the sauce was just right, tart without being overbearing.
The gyros were enormous! They arrived wrapped in paper to hold them together.
The meat was flavorful, spiced just right, with tomato, onion and sauce wrapped in a warm flatbread. Elegant simplicity.
The restaurant itself is small and intimate, and the waiter was friendly and prompt, offering suggestions based on our questions. All in all just the setting for a nice meal. A big thumbs up!
The waiter was friendly and prompt

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my second visit to Zorba's. The first time was amazing and I was really looking forward to going here when I was back in town. This visit the chicken was dry and everything else was nothing special. I do like the warm baklava, but the pieces were much smaller on this visit than on my first visit. I may try eating here 1 more time, but it certaintly lost its place on my must visit list. The service was excellent. Only 1 dining room was open so as it started getting busy it felt crowded.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The chicken souvlaki pita was excellent, as was the tzatziki-- thick and perfectly seasoned. My friend had the gyro with lamb, and the meat was tender and delicious as well-- a great lunch!!