“in need of elbow grease, pls. clean it up!!!!”
Review of Zorba's Gyros

Zorba's Gyros
Ranked #45 of 923 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The place is awful, the table cloth's are filthy , and they're plasatic ( just wipe them, or buy a few yards on new ones. The menu has no seafood of any kind. The dishes a not authentic or tasty they are lucky to stay alive.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

got the stuffed pepper, their featured app. delicious...although since it came out 2 minutes after i ordered, i was wary. then ordered dessert from the tempting display. pure sugar, but amazing. my waiter gave recommendations and was pleasant. enjoyable dinner.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Craving Gyro sandwiches this is the place to go- they stuff the pita so full that I'm getting my 7 bucks worth, fries are optional and very tasty - ask for no salt and put it on at the table- Dolmades are great, not oily like I've had elsewhere- Hummus tastes fresh every time and save room for dessert...baklava cheesecake and a greek coffee what a treat ! Service is good when they're not too busy but they are ALWAYS friendly. It is a BYOB - Beer and Wine- In a hurry call ahead - my orders are usually ready in 5 minutes-

Reviewed March 12, 2012

If you live nearby, want something low price and convenient, and know what to order, this might not be a bad place. Our experience was very disappointing, however. I host a monthly BYOB group that is usually at an Italian BYOB in Richardson, but we'll occasionally try new places. A number of us love Mediterranean food and Zorba's has BYOB so someone suggested we try it.

First off, it's not free BYOB, which they don't claim, but neither do they state a corkage fee on their website that I can find. There is a nominal $2.50 corkage fee per bottle. It wasn't that big a deal to our group, but there seems to be little reason for it beyond covering the price of a soft drink we might have ordered, and the Wal-Mart style wine glass. We opened and served the wine ourselves.

On the service side, the waitress was very friendly, however she did forget our calamari appetizer. We had a group of seven though, and comped us a dessert or two to make up for that, and things happen.

The food was a mixed bag. I had the Zorba's Platter, which consisted of gyro meat, a lamb skewer, a sausage, Greek potatoes, moussaka, and pita. The meats were good, but the potatoes were way overcooked. One part was so tough I had to spit it out because I couldn't chew it, as did someone else at the table. While I didn't have it, the falafel did not go over well, with someone recognizing it as being from a frozen pack. The waitress had commented that it was, "pre-prepared" so that helped explain it.

So I know I won't be going back to Zorba's. If I lived closer I might go in if I were in the mood for a gyro only, but there are much better options within a 15-20 minute radius.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have been to Zorba;s several times - overall good (not great) Greek food for Texas.
Things have changed to make me think twice about returning or recommending -
Specifically Zorba;s now has adopted a reservation policy that ONLY if you have 6 or more people for dinner will they accept reservations!
WHAT?
How 3rd class is that?
Apparrently a party of four is not enough for the Zorba owner to mess with. Pretty arrogant in my opinion.
Secondly Zorba is a byob place with a twist - Corkage charge for wine PER BOTTLE!
Ok, the $2.50 is not going to kill me nor my friends that typically bring bottles of wine that begin at $50/bottle retail but we DO expect glasses that are not just small versions of water glasses to drink that wine from. Where are wine glasses? We don't expect Czech crystal but DO expect stemmed,clean glasses
Finally, to add to the overall CHEAPNESS of the owners, your "silverware" consists of one tin fork, wrapped in a thin paper napkin stuck upright in a glass full of straws for drinking.
If we wanted a cheap version of Whattasburger we would've gone there (Note: NO knife, not even the "tin" variety)..
Zorba's better clean it's act up or watch it's business shrink.
We are not happy about these events, neither will you be.

Been to Zorba's Gyros? Share your experiences!