“GREAT FOOD, AWESOME SERVICE!! INCREDIBLE PLACE!!”
Review of Japon Steak & Sushi - CLOSED

Japon Steak & Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Japon Steakhouse and Sushi Bar is a fun, family oriented hibachi style Japanese grill and sushi bar. Great for birthdays, anniversaries, and any other celebration! Open daily for lunch and dinner, come enjoy exciting entertainment and great food!
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I get about 55 people together every 3 weeks and we all go to a nice dinner. We picked Japon. They reserved the entire main dining area for us. Drinks were never empty and never had to ask for refills for water or spirits, they were on top if. It was my first time there. It was 10x better then Bennehana! It was just an overall WONDERFUL experience. Thanks to Tracy, Jackson, Ping, Josh and everyone else at Japon that worked that night

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for many years and have always loved it so last night it was the restaurant I chose to go to for my birthday. I am so disappointed in the service and quality of food we received that we will not be going back and I will not be recommending this place anymore. I ordered the scallops which used to be really good but last night the were fishy, overcooked, and over sauced. I told the waiter how bad they were and he told me they had ran out and had to use frozen ones but "they are still fresh". They were not fresh they were so bad I didn't eat them. I'm sorry but if you are going to charge $26 for a meal you need to provide quality food that is cooked correctly. We will be searching for a new hibachi grill.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Japon (remaniscent of Ah-So Steak House in Vegas many years ago) was an instant success upon opening their Plano location! Hibachi items especially the steak (filet mignon), shrimp, and scallops are well prepared with a great flair for showmanship! My grandchildren are always in awe of the "volcano onion" and train. Chefs are well trained and very polite; hostesses strive to fulfill your every wish. Not being a real sushi fan, I order the excellent tempura appetizer with shrimp and veggies. Dinners come with miso soup, salad with ginger dressing, fantastic fried rice( or steamed rice if you prefer), and grilled veggies.The food is always fantastic and the show is a bonus, especially for the kids! Can be quite noisy at times, but quieter, more subtle table service(sans the entertainment) in a separate dining room. Great for special ,occasions!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Japon has been on our short list for special occasions for many years here in north Texas. The hibachi is splendid. The chefs are always entertaining. The food is cooked to perfection. Their wine list has many wonderful choices. Worth the price and time.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times and enjoyed it every time. We had martinis with appetizers to start (sashimi and spring role) and hibachi dinner. Good food. We will go again.