“I'm empressed”
Review of Big Easy - CLOSED

Big Easy
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just got back from having a late lunch at this little spot. I had seafood gumbo and fried green tomatoes. The gumbo was really on target as far as flavor and thickness. Only reason I didn't give a 5 was that I wish it had had a bit more seafood. The fried green tomatoes were really good and not greasy. My husband had the fried shrimp basket with red beans and rice. He said that the shrimp were just as good as the restaurant he usually goes to for that and it was half the price. He also said the flavor of the red beans and rice were really good. We will definitely be going back. This restaurant is a great bang for the buck.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had to stay at a hotel in between moving. I ate there twice a day for a month. I loved the service and the family that owns it. Everybody there is so kind. The food is better than any place that I have had cajun food at.. I love it and i am on my way there right now. Thanks for being a Yummy Cajun place for GREAT food that exceeds anyones expectation.... JERRIE..PLANO

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Every time you go it's like you have some how been transferred in place to New Orleans. However, when I was eating cajun food on Bourbon Street all I could think about was the Big Easy's food being better.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We met family members here for lunch before attending a festival. The place is very casual - you order and pay at the counter and pick up your food when your number is called. The menu screams New Orleans, as it has every food from the Big Easy you have ever heard of. Po' Boy sandwiches, muffelattas, gumbo, ettouffe, creole dishes, red beans, and fried baskets of several varieties. My husband had a crawfish basket and he loved it. The batter was nicely seasoned and he really liked the cocktail sauce that came on the side. I had 1/4 muffelatta and it was huge. I couldn't finish it all. It was just what you would expect. I also had a side of fried green tomatoes that came with a very interesting sauce on the side - all good. There are also burgers on the menu for those who don't like creole or cajun food. I look forward to eating here again and trying more menu items. Very reasonably priced and they sell many Louisiana beers.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Been going here for years, and have never had a bad meal, The Basin Street Chicken and Blackened Talapia (spicy) are excellent! The beignets make you think you are at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans,