“THE BEST OF N.O RIGHT HERE IN PLANO.”
Review of Big Easy - CLOSED

Big Easy
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had to stay at a hotel in between moving. I ate there twice a day for a month. I loved the service and the family that owns it. Everybody there is so kind. The food is better than any place that I have had cajun food at.. I love it and i am on my way there right now. Thanks for being a Yummy Cajun place for GREAT food that exceeds anyones expectation.... JERRIE..PLANO

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Every time you go it's like you have some how been transferred in place to New Orleans. However, when I was eating cajun food on Bourbon Street all I could think about was the Big Easy's food being better.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We met family members here for lunch before attending a festival. The place is very casual - you order and pay at the counter and pick up your food when your number is called. The menu screams New Orleans, as it has every food from the Big Easy you have ever heard of. Po' Boy sandwiches, muffelattas, gumbo, ettouffe, creole dishes, red beans, and fried baskets of several varieties. My husband had a crawfish basket and he loved it. The batter was nicely seasoned and he really liked the cocktail sauce that came on the side. I had 1/4 muffelatta and it was huge. I couldn't finish it all. It was just what you would expect. I also had a side of fried green tomatoes that came with a very interesting sauce on the side - all good. There are also burgers on the menu for those who don't like creole or cajun food. I look forward to eating here again and trying more menu items. Very reasonably priced and they sell many Louisiana beers.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Been going here for years, and have never had a bad meal, The Basin Street Chicken and Blackened Talapia (spicy) are excellent! The beignets make you think you are at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans,

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Since I care nothing for Cajun cusine, it was with some trepidation that I joined local colleagues for lunch earlier this year at this restaurant named after Na'lins. But to my surprise, the menu listed other fish dishes, including some excellent sandwiches which made for a great lunch each time we visited. Staff was nice; the establishment is located in a corner of the building, so it's brightly lighted. Crowded at lunch; the line of eager diners waiting to order can almost stretch out the door. (Note there's another dining area around back to the right of the counter.) A catfish basket (fish on a bed of french fries) with drink was very reasonable at about $11.