“Good Mexican food with atmosphere”
Review of Abuelo's Mexican Food Embassy - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Abuelo's Mexican Food Embassy
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
osage beach, mo. usa
“Good Mexican food with atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went there with a large group and it was very nice we had 23 in our party and was served in a pleasant manner. We were able to make a reservation and the food was good

Visited July 2013

Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Service Not Up To Acceptabel Standards”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose this restaurant on Father’s day and it was not really what we expected. We entered the restaurant at their lunch opening time and there was already a large crowd gathered to enter. We kept noticing that many were being seated in the bar/lounge area and was concerned that they would attempt to place us in that area. We were seated in the main dining room, which was rapidly filling. The waiter brought us the menu and we ordered. I ordered the brunch, which consisted of two eggs, a few fried potatoes and 5 small cuts of sausage. The price--$9.95 which is way too much for this entrees. Others in the party ordered fajitas. The restaurant serves three sauces along with the chips. The chips were thin and delicious as were two of the sauces. The one made with lime was sour and not that tasty. Iced tea was very good. The meal was served and the waiter brought only two tortillas. The waiter was asked to bring two additional tortillas. We are still waiting. It seemed to take forever to get our water and tea glassed refilled. The staff just seemed to be disorganized. The restaurant was about 75% full when we left. Due to the level of service we received and the rather high prices I cannot rate this place higher than two stars.

• Visited June 2013
Little Elm, Texas
“Solid As Usual”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

One of my favorites as the stuffed chicken medallions are always excellent. The service was friendly and attentive. The orders were filled correctly and promptly and all had great flavor. Prices are reasonable and for the overall experience, well worth the visit. These guys never let me down.

• Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great Salsa!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We decided to eat at Abuelo's after figuring out there was an hour wait at Whiskey Cake (across the parking lot). I'm glad we made the change! Abuelo's was delicious! They serve 3 different salsa's with their chips, normal red, a spicy dark red & a green sweet sauce. The spicy salsa was some of the best I've ever had.
We're always looking for new Mexican places to take out-of-town guests so we'll definitely add this to our list.

• Visited May 2013
Shreveport, LA
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was my first time here but definitely not my last. My fraternity brothers and I meet up each year and we decided to try this place which turned out to be one of the best choices yet. Our server, John, was extremely nice (and funny). The food was fantastic! If you get a chance to get happy hour drink prices, you will enjoy that as well.

I can't wait to bring my wife here the next time we're in the DFW Metroplex!

• Visited March 2013