“Awesome!”
Review of Roy's - Plano

Roy's - Plano
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Plano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 888 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Bus
Leander, Texas
“Awesome!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The food was amazing. We had three of us dining this night and each us loved our meal. We also shared a dessert and it was fantastic as well. The service was great as well.

Oklahoma
“Great dinning experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Like the atmosphere. The service is great, they call you by your name, are very helpful with suggestions and the service is fast. The food is delicious as well. Love they fish selection.

Austin, Texas
“Pure Excellence.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

God, I love Roy's! Yes, it does remind my husband and I of all the wonderful trips we've taken to Hawaii and gives us ample opportunity to don our resort attire, however, it is so much more! Rarely do you go to a restaurant that prides itself in such great customer service. The servers are incredibly attentive, they engage you and want to ensure you have an exceptional dining experience. That isn't something you find very often. This is a premium restaurant, that offers perfectly prepared Pacific Rim cuisine, suited for couples and small parties.

Service begins with a spicy edamame. Just the thing to whet your appetite without filling you up. We then order the salt and pepper crisped calamari tossed with a sweet thai chili glaze and toasted peanuts. There's nothing quite like it. They used change up the recipe ever so often sometimes using panko crusting or macadamia nuts along with baby greens, I do miss that touch. I'm telling you though, it's some of the best calamari out there. From there, I always opt for the butterfish. Words cannot describe how wonderful this fish is. My husband is a surf and turf guy so he opts for the steak and asks to swap out the lobster tail for some jumbo shrimp instead. Crazy, I know, but they always oblige and it makes him a happy man. I can attest to the fact that the beef is crazy tender and deliciously prepared. Finally, we split the molten chocolate souffle for dessert. This takes about 20 minutes to prepare so place your order at the same time you make your dinner selections. Given it's richness, I find it impossible to eat an entire one myself but don't miss out on the opportunity to indulge in this luscious treat.

Now that we have moved, I will miss this place probably more than anywhere else in the Dallas area. We celebrated birthday, anniversaries and various special occasions there. It wasn't just dinner out, it was an event.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank homeowner E
Warren, Michigan
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Just stopped in for a light dinner and had the best sushi I've ever had. A bit pricey, but well worth it. Waiter was ver friendly and quick for order and refills. I'll definitely try a full meal next time.

dallas
“Don't give them your e-mail address!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Recently went to Roy's with what I thought was a nice coupon to get some money off the bill. No restrictions stated on the coupon, but, once there, they announced it could only be used for entrees even though the various appetizers were priced almost the same. Then they would not honor the coupon unless you filled out a card with your information and e-mail address, and now, every day when I sign on to my e-mail, there is a huge Roy's add on the inbox page. (This never appeared before my visit there). Not sure how they do it since I'm not a real computer wizard, but I've requested them to "undo it" in writing with no luck. As to the merits of the restaurant, the appetizer spareribs were very good, the potstickers far inferior to the Cheesecake Factory, the mai tais were tasty (although they born no resemblance to any mai tai I ever had in Hawaii), and the lemongrass chicken unbelievably flavorless and bland. But I won't be returning to Roy's because I don't think they play fair with the consumer. Either offer a coupon and let it stand on its own merits, or secure the customer's agreement to harass them every day with internet postings. But don't trick the consumer just to try to get a return visit. I'm so annoyed with the constant daily postings about Roy's "salmon" and "surf and turf" options that I will never set foot in the place again.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank travelgirl4Dallas
Jeannie L, Guest Relations Manager at Roy's - Plano, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We apologize for your experience at Roy's Plano, and our Managing Partner, as well as Marketing Department has been alerted about your concerns. We will definitely unsubscribe your email. Would you mind reaching out to me at jlee@roysrestaurant.com so that I can take care of it immediately?

Additionally, we wanted to speak to your about your experience with the redeeming of your coupon. Our Managing Partner as well as Executive Chef partner are both concerned and want all guests to leave their restaurant happy. At your convenience, could you spare 5 minutes for a quick telephone call?

Thank you so much for sharing your insight and giving us the opportunity to address your comments, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mahalo,
Jeannie Lee @ Roy's Restaurants
jlee@roysrestaurant.com

Been to Roy's - Plano? Share your experiences!