“A Plano Insitution”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 28, 2013

What do you see when you go to P R's for breakfast? Repeat customers. It is a regular meeting place for groups and individuals. Starting with what I call coffee by I V, your cup will not run dry. The breakfast menu has pancakes, waffles and french toast plus almost anything you can do with eggs for breakfast. There are many breakfast combinations, from light to what breakfast used to be. Try the Southern.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Poor Richard’s Café has been operating in Plano for forty years. Located on SE corner of Ave K (Hwy 5) and Park Blvd, they are open 5:30 to 2:30, with breakfast served all day. They take reservations for groups, and offer take-out. You can find the Poor Richard’s Café – Plano – web site, and see their menus, sides, condiments, hours, specials, etc.

I went in for lunch about 1145 on a Monday. I was seated immediately. Service was prompt. There may be a line at the door, but you will not wait long. The menu has a large variety of food. I had a “loaded” house salad (60 cents extra), then Santa Fe Chicken lunch plate with mustard greens and Cole slaw, and two dinner rolls. The food was excellent, and there was plenty of it. They have desserts, but I was not hungry after I finished the main course.

Poor Richard’s is a great place for breakfast or lunch in Plano and North Dallas suburbs.

1  Thank Fred4570
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Friendly staff, but strip mall atmosphere. Waitress gave me empty catsup bottle when I asked for catsup for the home fries. Dirty fork that had to be replaced. Look, the portion size was good, and quality was acceptable, but nothing to write home about. Frequent coffee refills and lots of people in the restaurant, but Plano needs another breakfast place in my humble opinion.

1  Thank GreywolfAbilene
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good home cooked food. 6 in our party. Some ordered breakfast and some ordered lunch. Everyone loved their food. Will definitely go back when we are back in town.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Plano's oldest restaurant. I've been going there over 30 years. Nothing fancy. Just good old-fashioned breakfasts and hot plate lunches. My kids started eating at poor Richard's when they were just babies. They're all grown now and always want to go back to Poor Richard's for breakfast when they come home. They are very reasonably priced too.

5  Thank STEVE D