“Avoid it if You Can!”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dallas, Texas
“Avoid it if You Can!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This restaurant has been in Plano for several years, and every time I drive past it, it is always packed. For this reason, I decided to give it a try, figuring it would be very good- well, it wasn't. What I thought would be a nice sit-down Japanese restaurant was actually a buffet with horribly bland food sitting under a heat lamp (the taste of the food suggested it had been sitting out all day). The sushi reminded me of pre-packaged grocery store sushi (a bad thing), and the hibachi noodles had absolutely no flavor. The worst part about it was that my dinner ended up costing $72, when I only brought one other person with me. If you are reading this, pass it on to your friends and loved ones, because if you cared about them, you wouldn't allow them to eat this garbage. That's just my two cents.

1 Thank vge

Seattle, Washington
“Buffet”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

A lot of options!!
Great food, the service is very nice and friendly. Rolls, ramen, salads, hibachi grill, desserts.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank MariCoyotl
Dallas, Texas
“It was okay, it's buffet anyway”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

When I feel like I want to eat a lot of food, I go to buffet. I know buffet quality is not so great, but I would still go... This was Osaka Sushi is all about. A lot of sushi variety, but not good quality sushi, of course. A lot of choice for hibachi and dessert, but they are either so-so or just a little bit above average. However, it is still much better and cleaner than Chinese buffet with similar price. Not my favorite, but I keep it as one of my culinary option.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank marthiany
DALLAS
“Good Sushi”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Always enjoy the high quality they maintain. I am not Asian but it is a good sign that most of there customers are.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank JOHNKENT
“NASTY”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We have been going to osaka for the past 4 fours year now. Today was the worst EVER !!
Since they changed the manger everything has gone down hill, the quality of the food are dropping rapidly !!!! Its no more than cheap chinese buffet quality!!!! And they even raised their price!!!!! I do not know what make them think that their food worth that much money!!!it is better to go to a real sushi restaurant with a real japanese chef instead of this place !!!!! They have mexican making sushi!!!!! That is a joke to me!!!!!! Am asian and I think this place is horrible now!!!!!the service is fine , the new manager Bill is arrogance , not very friendly , he told us he does not even eat sushi !!!! What is he working in a sushi place for!!!!!!! the bathroom was so nasty !!!!!!!!!!!! I though I was going to use the bathroom in a third world country!!!!!! We will NEVER go back here again !!!!!! If you want to waste your money this is the place for you.

2 Thank Hungykitty