“Authentic eats”

Ranked #13 of 923 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Out family truly enjoyed the experience we had at the Bavarian! The wait staff was exceptional and the ambiance was extraordinary and the food...well I have not had the opportunity to go to Germany yet but I thought I was there! I completely recommend it!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

So, I'm more of a fan of English/Scottish ales & bitters than German pilsners & lagers... That being said The beer selection here is quite awesome, especially in the fall.

But you really come for the food and the atmosphere. The food is exceptional! I usually order the sausage platter or the hunter's schnitzel. But truthfully, you really can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

The only thing that would make it better would be a nice Greene King Abbot Ale, or a Timothy Taylor Landlord!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a very new experience for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was authentic and delicious. The ambiance was fun and welcoming.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

One of my favorites, this is easily the best German restaurant around. The food is authentic and delicious. The beer selection is amazing. They have seasonal items which are always a treat.
The service is always fantastic, and the restaurant always has a good homelike feel to it. Also, there is live music nightly. You might just be inspired to get up and dance. My wife and I try to come here anytime we're in the area.
Be sure you make reservations, as it's almost always a full house.
Food 10/10, service 10/10, Atmosphere 10/10

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent food, a rotating seasonal menu, and an effort to make eating there a German experience via the decor and waitstaff outfits. Only knock is that it is pretty pricy and not open on Sundays.