“Bad food, worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Hot & Blue

Red Hot & Blue
Ranked #161 of 875 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Red Hot and Blue is a full-service, casual-themed restaurant chain and caterer featuring delicious award-winning ribs, Memphis-style barbeque, smoked wings, and Southern sides and desserts. The atmosphere is steeped in legendary and contemporary blues music and delivers a large dose of Southern hospitality in a fun and entertaining dining environment. History: The first Red Hot and Blue restaurant opened in Arlington, Virginia in 1988, started by Lee Atwater, Don Sundquist and friends. Don Sundquist was from Memphis and served in the House of Representatives and as governor of Tennessee. The late Lee Atwater was an amateur blues musician and political figure that managed George H.W. Bush's successful race for the presidency. These men were friends who longed for authentic Memphis-style barbeque and great blues music. Unable to find that combination anywhere in the Washington, DC area they decided the only way to get it done was to open a restaurant of their own. The Memphis-style barbeque chain celebrated its 25th Anniversary in 2013 by partnering with a charitable organization at 24 different restaurant locations. The yearlong celebration culminated in the presentation of thousands of dollars in donations to local charities. The Name: The name, "Red Hot and Blue" is taken from the title of D.J. Dewey Phillip's radio show that that aired on WHBQ-AM in Memphis, Tennessee in the 1950s. This radio show launched the careers of Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash and broadened the audience for artists such as BB King, Muddy Waters, Robert Cray and Rufus Thomas. Red Hot & Blue Dine-In, Take-Out and Catering. Hickory-smoked Memphis-style BBQ, Ribs, Wings, Beef Brisket, Smoked Chicken, Seafood, Full-service Bar, in a Family-friendly atmosphere with a heapin' helpin' of Southern Hospitality!
Garland, Texas
“Bad food, worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have been here before and was never impressed, but this last visit will keep me from ever going back. Very slow service, took 20 mins. to get our drinks and longer for the appetizer. Order bacon, cheese fries for appetizer and they were very average at best. Ordered a full slab of ribs half and half dry/wet and the five meat platter. Ribs were so very average. The dry was not very flavorful and the wet was simply a mess. The five meat platter was incredibly small and all the meats were luke warm if that. None were impressive. Took another 30 mins to get our check and bail out with a lot of leftovers that will probably be the neighbor's dogs treat.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Catman3404

Plano, Texas
“Best BBQ in town, hands down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The bbq is amazing. The staff is super friendly and remembers their patrons. They also sometimes have really good deals if you join their rewards program!

Hands down the best food I've ever eaten. The dry rub ribs are the best! The turkey is juicy and tender! The brisket falls apart when you pick it up with a fork. I would highly recommend this restaurant. My all time favorite!

• Visited February 2014
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
“Very good bbq - Memphis style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had not been to one of these before - my husband had the dry rubbed ribs, I had the pulled pork. Both of our meals were very good, the service was friendly, and we enjoyed our time there. Would definitely go there again.

Visited November 2013
Georgetown, Texas
“Love those Ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We love the dry ribs, they are fantastic ! Anytime we are in Dallas this is one of our go to restaurants. The baked beans are good, sides include cole slaw and we had the mashed potatoes and gravy. The service was excellent and the food was great. Round Rock, TX used to have a Red Hot and Blue, but it closed. We sure miss it. We didn't save room for dessert but it looked good. I'm looking forward to my next visit to Dallas so I can have my favorite ribs! Give it I try I know you'll love it!

• Visited September 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“My food looked just like the picture!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Service was terrific. Food was great. Wait staff made a couple of recommendations so I took her advice. Worked!

Visited August 2013